Shocking Revelations

Dagger P.O.V.

I like having her close. I like the way she smells (like me). I like how she smiles. I like how her face shows everything she's thinking; an open book. I like everything about her, and I don't even know her that well. I just know that she has to be mine. Even imagining some other man touching her, holding her close, looking into those beautiful blue eyes. 

It makes me extremely jealous. I knew I was the possessive type, but shit, this is entirely something new. I want her all to myself. I never really believed in love at first sight, but this is my girl. I can feel it. I just know. 

I feel her sink into my warm embrace as I hold her close to me. I don't ever want to let her go. I can't even listen to anything else besides her sweet voice that practically flows into the air. She's so beautiful. How could anyone have let this girl go? 

I can tell she's been hurt in the past. Eislyn didn't really try very hard to hide the scars in the bathroom. When I held her waist, it was far too thin to be healthy. Her eyes are hollow, and she seems sickly pale. She looks sick, and that's not at all good. 

"You want something to eat?"

"I'll have whatever you are having, little one."

"I can't decide."

"Pick anything you want."

A stressed and ashamed look falls upon her face, and I scrunch my nose, not at all liking her stressed. I brush a piece of her blonde hair away from her eyes, studying her to try and find out what's wrong. The banging of the bar door makes Eislyn jump about three inches into the air, before landing back on my lap. 

She's so light I don't even feel anything. 

For some sudden reason, tears fill her eyes. Her whole body shakes. I grab the back of her head, tucking it into my shoulder. I feel wetness against my neck, but I don't pay attention to it. Eislyn wraps her arms around my waist and pulls me closer to her. I adjust her, so she's almost straddling me. 

I run my hair through her mangled hair, whispering sweet things in her ear. 

"You're alright. You're safe. I'm right here. I've got you. You're okay."

Eislyn sniffles, nuzzling her nose deeper into my shoulder. 

"Hey, hey, hey. Take a breath for me, little one. You're going to be just fine. Everything's okay now. It was just Dash and Ajax."

I turn my head, giving them both a intimidating glare as they stare at Eislyn. Their eyes are full of concern and worry and confusion. When I look at Links but he's not too surprised at the situation. He grabs a napkin and a pen writing down something. When he hands it to me, I read it quickly. 

tell you at meeting at 11

I nod in agreement, needing an answer for why my girl is crying. 

She pulls her face away from my shoulder, her eyes red from her tears and stains streaming on her bright red cheeks. I wipe my thumbs on her face trying to help her clean herself up, but nothing works. I give her another hug, holding her as close as I possibly can before whispering. 

"Do you want something to eat? You can pick."

"No, you can."

"Eislyn, just pick something from the menu."

"No."

"Why?"

"Because I can't read the damn menu!"

My mouth drops open. 

Eislyn clambers off my lap, almost falling to the ground. I try to help her, but she's gone before I know it. The glass door swinging closed behind her. She doesn't even have shoes on. 

Goddamnit! 

I shoot up out of my seat, running after her, but she's nowhere to be found. Fuck the meeting, I need to find my girl.