Real Introductions

Eislyn P.O.V.

"I'm the leader of Four Aces, and I'm not going anyway. I'm thinking of making some drastic changes with both clubs and women's ability to have freedoms in political aspects. Would you want to help me with that?"

"Yes, very much so. Congratulations. You have already broken barriers."

"We have a lot more to break, but if we get more women on board, I think we can finally have a say. Have our voices heard."

"There might be backlash."

"That only means we're doing something right. If men get mad, fuck yeah. I can deal with that."

I glance at Dash who's staring dreamily at Violet. 

"Dash!"

His head jerks up, and he blinks his eyes as if they were dry from staring too long. I slap him in the bicep. 

"Yes, boss."

I give him the side-eye but turn to see Violet blushing. Oh, here we go. 

"So you two also want a lovers rendezvous? To go walk around the tulip garden?"

"Yes."

Violet's blush deepens at Dash's answer, and I allow them to go. After a few seconds in much needed silence, I hear footsteps behind me. 

"You're finally alone."

I turn to see Mikeal standing behind me.

"That was pretty creepy."

He chuckles and walks towards the fridge. He pulls the door open, pulling out strawberries.

"You are unlike any other leader of Four Aces. Even my own brother."

"And why is that?"

"You are the first to want to mend things."

"I have no idea what I'm trying to mend. I only know the Four Aces side of things, and it seems a little biased...figures. You're side is going to seem bias too, but at least I can see what you brothers are thinking. If anything, you two would be able to repair this."

Mikeal huffs, tossing me a can of beer.

"I'm underage."

"One won't hurt. At least with this story it won't."

"So, you aren't going to be jackass anymore?"

"I didn't know your true intentions."

"I thought I was perfectly clear with my intentions."

"I was skeptical."

"Because I'm a woman?"

"Women lie."

"You don't trust me because I'm a woman, and I don't trust you because you're a misogynistic jerk who needs to get his head out of his ass. I'm glad we're on the same page."

Mikeal's laughter rumbles through the kitchen and down the hallway. This place really echos. 

"You remind me of my daughter."

"When you're drunk, I don't."

He holds his hands up in the air, shaking his head in disgrace at himself. 

"That was horrible on me to do. I cannot make up my drunk behaviour towards you. It was wrong of me. I figure that since Dagger and I are 'challenging', the two of us could..."

"Communicate."

"Yes. I know it's difficult to be away from the person you love, more than you know, and I apologize for that too. All of actions are beyond anything I should ever do. I'm extremely sorry for my actions, and they'll never happen again."

"I can forgive you if you tell me everything. We can span it out between these few days, and then I want to see if we can come to an agreement for our clubs."

"I think we can do that. I agree."

"Great. Can we do this tomorrow though? I'm exhausted. It's been quite a day."

Mikeal stands, taking my still closed can of beer in his hand. Without another word, he guides me to the guest room I will be staying in for the nights I am here. I thank him and disappear into the room, closing the door softly behind me. I feel like a queen as I walk through the elegant room and make my way to the small porch. 

Across the vast patio down below is the garden of tulips. I look around to see Dash and Violet holding hands and laughing with one another. The tears of missing my love finally spill out of my eyes in silence. My hands wrap around the metal, black, and detailed porch railing. I sniffle, wiping the tears off with my shoulder. 

I feel an arm wrap around my waist, and I pulled into a warm and muscular body. I turn abruptly, ready to slap someone, but when I see who it is my anger dissipates.