The Overwhelmed

Author Note----Engagement Ring above

Eislyn P.O.V.

After about forty five minutes of searching, we finally discover the perfect engagement and wedding rings. We got a fancy engagement ring, but our wedding rings are just plain white, platinum metal bands. On the inside of our wedding rings, we are going to order 'More Than Life Itself', our saying to one another, to be engraved. It'll be our special little thing. 

"So, my fiancée. Are you ready for your next surprise?"

I smile up at Dagger as I play affectionately with my ring. Yes, we haven't known each for long, but he's my one. Three months, we've known each other, maybe, and I want to have his babies. I want to be married to him. I want to have the house, and the dogs, and share Dagger's dream with him. 

It might seem crazy, but he's everything I could possibly need. He saved me, he taught me how to read, write, be free. Be independent and strong. I'm still working on it, but I wouldn't be here without him. I wouldn't have been able to stand up to my mother today if it weren't for him. 

I love Dagger, more than life itself. Maybe it's cliché, but I'm too in love to care.

"Yes, I'm ready."

I reach out and take Dagger's hand in mine. 

After a twenty minute ride, we find ourselves in kind of the suburbs, but it's more inbetween the city where Dagger works and town where the bar is. It's in the middle, and there are only a small number of large houses. They aren't mansion size, but as I look at them, it seems like millionaires live in these houses. 

I wonder what we're doing around here. It's not like Dagger owns a house here. Does he own a house here? Holy shit. Did Dagger buy me a house? No, no. He couldn't. He didn't. He didn't buy me a house. What if he bought me a house though? Oh my god. We just got engaged, the house is next, then the wedding, babies, and dogs. Not in that particular order. 

Dagger smoothly pulls into the driveway of a gorgeous contemporary and modern style house. It's a beautiful house with seemingly lots of natural light, and a very luxurious outside look. The neighbors aren't very close, but we are definitely in a more crowded neighborhood. 

Raising a child or children here would be amazing because there must be other kids on the street. I'm pretty sure I also saw an elementary school and playground. 

Dagger and I get off the motorcycle and that's when I first notice the cars in the driveway.

"What's going on? Are we crashing a party?"

"It's our welcome home party. So, welcome home!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Little one. Without your knowledge, I bought and refurbished this house to our needs. Welcome home."

"You bought us a house?"

"To raise our kids, have dogs...the whole bit. That's what you want right?"

"I cannot believe you."

"Do you not like it? I can sell it again, I'll buy any house you want."

I wrap my arm around Dagger's bicep, smiling up at him, and starting to laugh.

"That's not what I'm saying. I-I-I'm in complete denial and disbelief right now. My whole life changing. I'm engaged with a house. And my mother just threatened to beat me to death. A lot is going on in my head, and I really don't know what to do with all of it."

"Are you overwhelmed? Do we need to take things slower?"

"I'm a good overwhelmed. So many good things are happening, and things are changing. I just thought that I would be trapped in a cell my whole life. Alex died, my dad left, and I am so happy. I had no idea I could be this happy."

"I'm glad you're happy. That's all I want for you."

"You make me so happy. Everything about you. Thank you so much. For everything. For be here, for all of it."

"My girl. You are my girl. I would do anything for you. I'm so in love with you, more than life itself. My little one."

"More than life itself, my love."

We kiss each other before Dagger tugs me inside the house.