Histories and Abandonments

Eislyn P.O.V.

"Of course not! That's not why I left. I knew that I couldn't be the father that you needed. I knew I wasn't good enough to raise you as my child after accidentally killing my son."

"You didn't even try. You didn't give either of us a chance to try. Maybe it was hard for you, but my brother was gone, and then you were gone, and then my mother...she started hitting me. She had me locked in a cell for the last twelve years of my life. 

When I needed my father the most, you weren't there. How in the hell did you believe that you couldn't have raised me well enough? Now, I wouldn't be raised at all, I would be beaten and whipped."

Mikeal's eyes fill with tears as I state the facts to him. He hasn't had to hear the realities of what he did to me. He needs to know.

"Scars now litter my body from head to toe because you were too afraid to be a father. You were too afraid of hurting me, so you let someone else. When really, what hurt me most, was that you left me to die. You never even called. 

You didn't even try to see where I was because you would have known something was up. You just left your daughter with a woman that you partially knew had issues. That was the main reason you got divorced in the first place.

You have no idea what I've been through. You don't know me. Did you know that I couldn't read or write before a few weeks ago. I hadn't seen the sun for years before I broke out of a cell! You have no idea. So, don't think that I'm as feisty as fucking ever. Because you left, and you never got the chance to find out who I really was."

"Will I ever get that chance?"

"If we make this deal between the clubs, because that is top priority, I'll give you a maybe."

"I don't care about the club."

"And that's where you are wrong. These are other people's lives. We can't just not care because where else will these people go if nothing like this exists. What will happen to the people of this town if there's no one to protect them? We have to solve the club problems, and then we can move to our own."

Mikeal sighs, knowing that he can't beat me, and if he even wants a chance to reconcile our relationship, then he's going to have to do a hell of a lot of work. I'm not the same girl who can forgive at the drop of a dime. Especially with something like this. 

He guides the both of us to his office and gives me the history. In short, Emilio's and Mikeal's parents couldn't decide who was to lead the Four Aces motorcycle club. So, they split the club into two. Emilio and Mikeal were in competition with each other for their whole lives, until their parents would decide who gets the Four Aces.

When their parents choose Emilio, Mikeal felt abandoned (huh, that's ironic) and hurt that his parents choose his brother or him. He never thought to consider Emilio's feelings (sounds familiar), and Mikeal left to find something knew. He figured his mother had a few more years left of running The Birks, so he settled. 

That's where my brother, my mom, and I come in. Mikeal tells me little about my mother's and his relationship, but I decide not to press it. She must have been pretty damn controlling with him too. 

He then explains his relationship with Emilio, which seemed to be on repairs a few years ago. But once again, Mikeal felt abandoned when Emilio started to focus on his relationship with Marcie. The two of them were having problems, and Mikeal was put on the back burner. 

After all that, the brothers never got back together. And the clubs could feel the developing rivalry. They riders used it to their advantage, giving permission and allowing themselves to hurt one another. Now, things have gotten too out of control. Mikeal can't change his rider's and Emilio can.

"So, you're telling me, you are bad at leading and can't talk to your brother, and that's it? You just can't communicate. No wonder you're still single. That and this dark ass house."

"Yes."

"Well, I think we should change that."

And I hand him my drafted contract and agreement.