By The Pool

Dagger P.O.V.: 

Right after Eislyn left, probably to go see Mikeal, the seven of us started apologizing to one another. For random reasons and about the littlest things. We felt so guilty for everything we had done to one another, even the girls who had done the littlest of things. Like spending time with the waitresses and girls from the club and bar. 

It really opened our eyes, at least I think so, to all of the petty parts of the clubs. 

What really surprised me was Vicious. Usually his name, which is his actual name, scares you away. But once you know him, he's like the opposite of vicious. The way he has already started taking care of Ajax is incredible. Watching how Vicious doesn't want Ajax to have to lift a finger...it's just so different from the guy I had decided to hate.

And Kinger. I hurt him. I really did, and I found out, he was only trying to help me. I thought he was horrible and stealing my stuff, but he was fixing my motorcycle. I would have died the next time I got on my bike if he didn't risk his life really to fix it.

I was so blinded by the rivalry and hate for The Birks that I didn't even think they were people. That they are human. It's messed up but true. And I'm going to change that. Starting right now. 

I see Vicious, Kinger, Violet, and Bernadette eyeing each other suspiciously. 

"What's going on?"

"We have a pool. Do you guys maybe want to take a dip?"

Ajax beams up at Vicious.

"Hell yeah, baby."

"Watch your mouth, boy."

"Oh yeah. Whatcha going to do about it?"

Vicious playfully growls, making Ajax take off in a sprint. I roll my eyes at their craziness, but I feel myself aching to hold Eislyn in my arms. Though I know that she needs time with Mikeal. Gosh, I hate that she's all alone with him. She wanted to talk to him alone, so he was more comfortable and vulnerable, but what if he tries something?

Eislyn can take care of herself, I know that, but I would never forgive myself if something were to happen to her. I would forever blame myself, thinking I could've done something different. Like go with her. Aw, fuck. Now, I really want her here. I want to feel her warmth. Her smell. Her presence. 

That's all I fucking want. And now I can't get her out of my head. For a minute there, I could concentrate on something besides her, but now she's stuck. I'm fully aware and okay with it though. I wouldn't want anything else stuck in my head. 

"Dagger, you coming?!"

"I'm right behind you."

I walk out towards where the rest of the friends are, and I see that the boys and girls have changed into swimsuits. What would Eislyn look like in a bikini? Probably like a fucking model. I walk into the bathroom and splash cold water on my face, needing to cool myself down from my inappropriate thoughts. 

When I make my way out, a chicken fight is doing on, and Kinger and Bernadette are already making out on the same longue chair. For fun, I grab a bucket of water and dump it on the both of them. I laugh out loud as they sputter and scream at me because of breaking them up. And for the next couple of hours, the seven of us hang out around the pool, drinking beers and eating pizza. 

"Hey, Eis! Come join us!"

I turn to see my woman standing there. She looks awfully exhausted, but instead of saying no, she walks towards the group. I instantly stand and make my way towards her. I kiss her on the lips, missing every part of her. Eislyn smiles against my lips. She pulls away way sooner than I want her to, and she says hello to everyone else. 

"It seems that you all have decided to get along."

Dash turns to her.

"Well, you were right. We have to tolerate one another."

Violet throws her shoe at him, and he throws her into the pool. Everyone goes back to doing their own thing, dragging me back into conversation. I look over to where Eislyn was standing but see that she has completely disappeared.