Down The Aisle

Author's Note----Wedding Party Outfits: Bridesmaids Top; Groomsmen Bottom

Because I can only put one picture up top: Here is Eislyn's Dress (makeup and hair included) and Dagger's Suit (no sunglasses of course; he's getting married)

Dagger P.O.V.

"Have you seen her?"

"I have at lunch."

"How is she? Is she okay? Eating well, rested?"

"She's been eating all day and laughing and full of nerves, same as you."

"I can't get any food down."

Links holds his stomach as he begins to laugh at me.

"What?"

"You remind me of me when I was getting married to Marcie. I was a wreck, and it was the best day of my life. That and when I met you."

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Being my father. Being there for me through everything and supporting me. And being there for my love when I can't be there for her. When I don't know what to do, I know I can rely on you. I'm so thankful for you, and I know I don't say it enough."

"Ah, you don't have to son. I can feel it. Right here."

I watch as Links points at his heart, and we wrap each other in a tight hug. Not a bro hug, a real hug. 

"Thanks, dad."

"For you son...anything."

We pat each other's backs before backing away from each other. I anxiously look down at my watch. I feel a supportive slap against my back.

"Staring at that thing isn't going to make the time go by quicker."

"Thanks for the tip, Vicious. Appreciate it."

"You're the groom. You were my best man, and you did wonderfully. I can only return the favor."

"So this is all a favor now?"

We smirk at each other before Violet rushes in. People turn to look at her.

"If everyone would please sit down in whatever seat you feel comfortable in besides the front row. Bridal and groom parties it's time. Dagger, you as well. She's ready."

I nod, rubbing my knuckles as anxiety fills my body. I stand up at the perfectly made alter as the people look at me. 

"How you feeling, Dagger?"

"Incredibly nervous, but I'm ready to be married."

"Your vows good?"

"Hopefully. I spent about two weeks on them, trying to make them perfect, but I might actually ditch them. No words can express what I feel for her."

"You might want to save that."

The banter between Fredrick, the guest and Eislyn's third, makes me nerves settle slightly, but now I just want Eislyn in front of me. I want her to be here, holding my hands as I tell her my (hopefully) well written vows. I'm just want to be able to call her Mrs. Eastwood, my wife. Desperately. I watch as our bridal party moves down the aisle, and I take a deep breath. 

And then, I see her. Her arms intertwined with Links'. Tears gather in my eyes as I see my beautiful girl walking towards me with a bright smile on her face. Time slows as I look at her. Her curves shown off just right in the white dress. I bite my lip, thinking about how gorgeous she is. Holy fuck. This woman is going to be my wife.

Links kisses her cheek, handing her off to me. When Eislyn's hands are placed in mine, everything seems okay. Everything is going to be just fine. As long as she is here. Without being able to contain myself, I press a kiss on her lips. Eislyn giggles and stares me up at and down.

"Damn, my love. You lookin' fine."

"You as well, little one. Can I get a spin?"

The audience laugh as Eislyn gives me a spin, and I hum in response. We look up at Links, who is also our wedding officiant. 

"Are you two done? We've got a cake to eat."

"That and whatever else Dagger decided."

I chuckle, playing with her engagement ring on her right hand. 

"So, who's going first for vows?"

"Oh, me!"

Eislyn and I laugh at one another, feeling the nerves run through our body. Eislyn turns to the crowd.

"I'm so sorry, guys. We are a total mess. You are never going to forget this wedding."

We shake out our nerves and give each other another smile filled look. I clear my throat and look deep into Eislyn's eyes.