Holding Me Close

Eislyn P.O.V.

My head pounds as I try to sit up in the bed I just woke up in. It's not the same bed I woke up in before, so I'm confused on where I am. I don't even know what happened after I passed out. Holy shit I hurt all over. I'm really thirsty too. 

To distract myself, since I don't feel ready to walk anywhere, I lay back on the bed. I glance around the dark room to find that I love the way it looks. It's comfortable and warm. I look out the beautiful open window for a minute, but I flinch when I hear the bathroom door open. A fully clothed, handsome looking Dagger walks out the door. 

"Hey. Are you feeling okay?"

I nod and touch my throat asking for water. Dagger exits the room, quickly coming back with a cold water glass in his hand. I gulp it down, thanking Dagger. 

"Better?"

"Much. Thank you."

"We need to talk."

Fear courses through my body as he sits down on the bed. I back away from him, hoping to distance myself so he can't hit me. My breathing starts to turn shallow as Dagger moves closer to me. His reaches up, and he gently pauses before setting it slowly down on the side of my face. Involuntarily, I wince at his touch. 

"I'm not going to hurt you. Links told people the basics of what has happened to you, and I'm very sorry that you had to go through all of it."

"You aren't mad at me?"

"How could I possibly be mad at you? I want to help you."

I scrunch my eyebrows together, taken aback by what Dagger was saying. 

"You want to what?"

"Help you, little one. Teach you to read, write, whatever you want."

"You would do that for me?"

"Yes. I only want what's best for you. When you ran earlier today, I finally understood why you are so withdrawn, and I want to be there for you."

"I think you're crazy."

"Maybe a little, but isn't everyone?"

"I guess, you're right."

Dagger leans forwards, pressing a kiss to my forehead, and pulling me into his comforting arms. 

"Do you want to eat something, little one?"

"Yes, I could eat."

I roll out of bed, not remembering that I completely scratched up my feet. When they land of the floor, I suck in a pained breath. Dagger jumps up, scooping me in his arms, and holding me like I'm a toddler. He presses another kiss on my hand, and I grab onto his shirt. Before we exit his bedroom, I glance down at the clothes I'm wearing to see that I'm in Dagger's plain black sweatshirt and gray basketball shorts. 

"I know it's not the most fashionable outfit, but it's all I had that would fit you enough not to fall off."

"It's perfect, Dagger."

"I think that's the first time you've been comfortable enough to actually say my name."

"Do you like it?"

"I love it actually. I love hearing you say my name. I can imagine you saying it in more ways than one."

I roll my eyes at his flirty behaviour, making Dagger chuckle at my antics. He carries me delicately down the stairs and holds me close to make sure he doesn't hurt me. I feel like a princess while Dagger takes care of me, helping me order my food, and not letting my feet touch the ground. 

I'm introduced to some of the other men around the bar, but I can tell Dagger is getting jealous at the fact that I'm paying not attention to him, so I quickly talk to him about something random. He asks questions about me and what I like to do, but I don't really have answers for him, much to Dagger's concern.