Missing Him

Eislyn P.O.V.

Girls' day. My girls' day was not at all what I was expecting. I thought we would be watching rom-coms, painting other's nails, and maybe have a pillow fight. Instead we talk about all the things my mother never told me about. We had the sex talk, boy talk, every embarrassing conversation possible. 

Including, the period talk. Most girls get their period between 12-15, but I never did. Which I found out was because I was getting enough nutrients in my body. My body believed that I was in 'survival mode', so it conserved my period. So, I had that talk.

They also had gone shopping for me, so I had a fashion show. They got me a phone with Dagger's and a hundred other people's names. I even got a small makeover. And we ate pretty much all day. It was incredibly fun, but I'm absolutely exhausted. 

I also really want to see Dagger. I appreciate all the girls. They are so sweet, so kind and generous and amazing in general, but they can be a lot. I've never had a day full of so much talking...ever. I know I'll get used to it, but damn. Those women can talk. Everything from their husbands to Peppa Pig (and I still don't know who that is). 

"Eis! Come on, come on. Your boy is back!"

I jump off the floor and go racing down the hallway. I go three steps at a time, almost falling on my face twice. I search quickly around the bar area, but I don't see him. And then he walks through the door, looking as handsome as ever. Before I know what I'm doing my feet as going as fast as they possibly can. 

I practically leap into his arms, wrapping my small legs around his strong waist. I tuck my head into his shoulder, wrap my arms tightly around his neck, and pull him close to me. At first, Dagger is surprised, but he soon hugs me back just as tight. He steps away from the door, but he stills holds me close to his body, tucking his head into my hair. 

His masculine scent full of something that I just can't place, wraps around me, giving me a sense of comfort I've never had before. 

"I missed you, little one."

"I missed you too, Dagger."

He squeezes me tight one last time before placing me down on the floor. 

"Do you want something to eat, love?"

Love? That's new.

"Yes. I could eat."

I tug at his hand and together we sit in a booth, huddled close to one another. 

"How was your rounds? Anything bad happen?"

Not that he would tell me that anyway.

"No, No. Everything is safe and all good."

"Did you have fun with the three amigos?"

"Yes, but they can be quite the trio."

"They can get a little annoying, yes, but I enjoy having them around."

Dagger chuckles with a nod of his head. 

The waitress, Sam, comes over to our table questioning what we both want to eat. I order a waffle because why not have breakfast for dinner, and Dagger order two cheeseburgers with fries that I'm definitely going to eat.

Once Sam walks away, Dagger's full attention is on me once again. 

"You're exactly right. How was your day?"

I smile up at him in reply to which Dagger smiles right back. I guess he was worried about my day.