Taking Back Control

Eislyn P.O.V.

After cleaning up in the bathroom, I make my way to the dining room where my friends are working frantically. I slam my hands on the kitchen table and successfully grab everyone's attention. 

"Is everyone listening?"

"Yes, boss."

"Great. First of all, thank you guys. I'm so grateful that you guys are sacrificing your own free time for this crazy wedding. Second of all, it's not your fucking wedding! This wedding for Dagger and me! If you cannot understand and want to continue being the boss of everything, I not so kindly ask to leave. Thank you for your contribution, but I cannot have others continuing to control a wedding that isn't theirs. You may leave now."

No one moves a muscle. 

"You won't be punished or anything. It'll actually be a real blessing."

Still, no one moves.

"So, now that everyone is still here I guess, I'm only going to say it once. You try to control what Dagger and I want for our wedding, you are gone, for planning at least. Am I understood?"

"Yes, boss."

"Wonderful. I'm glad that you all get that. If you any questions about anything, please ask me. I'm the bride, and I'm only getting one wedding, so let's work as a team. Me with final say. Can we handle that?"

I turn to Violet, who gives me a nod that others reciprocate. 

"Thank you guys. I think we're done for today, so y'all are good to go."

I can see the stress roll off of people's shoulders as they pack up their things so that they can leave. Yeah, letting them leave was a good idea for today. I walk into the kitchen and yank four pieces of cheese pizza out of the fridge. Gosh, I need food. I always need food. 

"Hey, little one! Where are you?"

"Where do you think I am?"

Dagger peers his head around the corner.

"First guess, my love?"

"Oh, pizza. Can I have a bite?"

"What do I get?"

"That'll be coming in-" Dagger glances down at his watch "-ten minutes. You have to go into the garden though."

"Okay, one bite, and if I don't like what you have in store, you give me something else."

"It's a deal."

We shake on it before Dagger pulls me into a kiss, my lips probably tasting like cheese and grease. He tastes the biggest bite of pizza ever and knowing I'm pissed, he dashes away from me. 

"Get back here, you big brat!"

I ditch my plate but take my last slice of pizza into my hand as I run after him. We chase one another around the house for five minutes before Dagger throws my over his shoulder. I giggle loudly while Dagger tickles my side. He walks the two of us outside, and together, we sit on the grass. I quickly finish my pizza as we talk, and I wait for my surprise. 

"So, what is it?"

"It wouldn't be much of a surprise if I told you."

"Is it good or bad?"

"That depends on the way you look at it."

"That was vague and works for most things."

"Keep an open mind, and it'll be great."

"What have you done?"

Before Dagger can answer, Mikeal walks into our backyard. I slap Dagger in the bicep, scolding him for the surprise right now with me in sweatpants and my face probably full of pizza. 

"Do I look okay? Anything on my face? Don't joke with me. This is important."

Dagger wipes my face delicately but comes up with nothing on his fingers. I take a deep breath, focusing on controlling my temper. Dagger says a quick hello to Mikeal before he disappears inside. Mikeal takes a seat next to me on the grass.

"Hi, Eis."

"Hi, Mikeal. Dagger called you, huh?"

"He thought that before your wedding it would be a good time for us to find some kind of peace with one another. I agree with him."

"So do I. I don't even know where to start."

"You know the full story now. There's nothing else I can tell you to help you maybe understand what happened to the relationships with our family. I'm sorry, but they really just fell apart. I don't know what else I can give you that may calm that curious side that you way still have. And your mother, clearly, isn't stable enough to even be trustworthy."