Sunflowers [Zenitsu Agatsuma]

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

~Sunflowers 💙Zenitsu Agatsuma x Female Reader(Hanahaki Disease AU)Request By: @Thundergod12345

~Sunflowers 💙
Zenitsu Agatsuma x Female Reader
(Hanahaki Disease AU)
Request By: @Thundergod12345

The Hanahaki Disease is a Japanese urban legend where someone begins to cough up flower petals from their lungs due to unrequited love.

The disease can only be cured if the said person returns their feelings in a romantic way or the victim dies. It can be cured through surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their special someone also disappear.

~Jangmi💫

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Nezuko-chan!~" No matter where that dandelion looking boy goes it's always with that demon girl.

(Name) observes from afar. Jealousy but mostly sadness lingers in her scent, Tanjiro knew that for sure. However, mixed with that sadness was the smell of flowers, but the checkered haori doesn't know why.

It's hard to see someone you love the most give all their attention to someone else. The only time Zenitsu would talk to the girl was to tell her stories about his adventures with Nezuko.

But (Name) can not hate on the demon. She was absolutely adorable. And (Name) knew if she could talk, she would tell Zenitsu to stop many times, just like every other girl the yellow haired boy fondles over.

(Name)'s interrupted herself with a loud cough. A petal stuck onto her bottom lip making the pale girl sigh. Sooner or later, those petals will multiply and before you'll know it, she'll be coughing up the whole flower.

"Caw! Caw! Tanjiro Kamado! Zenitsu Agatsuma! Inosuke Hashibira! You have a mission! Caw! At a village up north!"

"Nezuko-chan! I'm off to go on a mission! Stay safe while I'm away ok!" Zenitsu patted the demon's head then happily skipped towards (Name).

Her heart fluttered upon his approaching figure only to have it smashed into a million pieces, "(Name)-chan!~ Take care of Nezuko for me!" With that, he left waving goodbye.

(Name) silently thanked Oyakata-sama that Zenitsu was finally separated from Nezuko. Coughing up more and more petals, she made her way to Shinobu's estate for help.

Only Shinobu and Oyakata-sama knew about the girl's condition and has suggested multiple times to do the surgery. However, (Name) declines every time, and it is a complete mystery as to who she has unrequited love for.

Shinobu has asked her a handful of times who she loved but the girl refuses to say, Oyakata-sama on the other hand, has not asked her once.

"(Name)-kun! Hello there~" Shinobu greeted but her smile immediately frowned when she saw the pale girl's weak frame.

"Look at you! You look terrible!" Shinobu was extremely worried about (Name)'s condition. The girl could barely stand up straight.

"I just need some pain killers.."

"No! You need to do that surgery."

"I can't.."

"But (Name)! Look at you! The Demon Slayer Corps needs someone like you to fight-" Shinobu stopped, seeing the girl fall to her knees, passing out on the floor while violently coughing, "(Name)-kun!"

"Chirp! Chirp! (Name) (Last Name) is in a coma! Chirp!" Zenitsu's sparrow informed him but he couldn't understand, so Tanjiro had to translate.

His heart dropped, "(Name)-chan? In a coma...but how?"

*****

"What happened?! Where's (Name)-chan?!?" Zenitsu barged into the Butterfly estate, going through every room in search for the said girl.

"Zenitsu! Lower your voice! We're in a hospital ward!" Tanjiro whisper yelled.

"Zenitsu, Tanjiro, Inosuke..please wait out there." Shinobu warned, not having her usual smile.

Tanjiro and Inosuke waited outside but Zenitsu stood his ground, "Please..tell me, why is she in this coma." He begged.

Everything clicked in Shinobu's head, 'So this is her unrequited love..'

"She has the Hanahaki Disease." She hissed before leaving.

Zenitsu stood there, shaken by the words Shinobu just said. Of course he knew what the Hanahaki Disease was, he just never thought it could actually happen. Especially to someone like (Name).

He shakingly held onto the door handle and slid the door open. Inside he was in awe but also in guilt.

The room was covered wall to wall with yellow sunflowers. The ground and the bed (Name) laid limp on what covered in yellow petals.

Zenitsu carefully plucked a flower that was the closest to him and shed a tear before sitting down in front of the girl.

"It was me..wasn't it?" He held onto her cold hand.

She was barely breathing, "You looked cute when you were jealous...I didn't expect the outcome to be like this though.."

He softly kissed her hand as his grip on the flower tightened, "Hey..(Name)..It's over now. I love you too, you know that? You can wake up now.."

Zenitsu started sobbing, "Please (Name)-chan.. Wake up now.."