Her Request [Zenitsu Agatsuma] Part 2

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

~Her Request 💙Zenitsu Agatsuma x Female Reader(Hanahaki Disease AU)Request By: @Thundergod12345Second Part Of: Sunflowers [Zenitsu Agatsuma]

~Her Request 💙
Zenitsu Agatsuma x Female Reader
(Hanahaki Disease AU)
Request By: @Thundergod12345
Second Part Of: Sunflowers [Zenitsu Agatsuma]

The Hanahaki Disease is a Japanese urban legend where someone begins to cough up flower petals from their lungs due to unrequited love.

The disease can only be cured if the said person returns their feelings in a romantic way or the victim dies. It can be cured through surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their special someone also disappear.

~Jangmi💫

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Zenitsu basically lived in the ward for the past month, looking after the girl after she woke up. However, (Name) has not uttered a single word ever since her awakening. You can only converse yes or no questions with the girl, nothing more.

"Is she going to be alright?" Zenitsu worriedly asked Shinobu.

This was the first time Shinobu didn't know how to respond. She had no idea what to do with (Name). When asked if she wanted to have it surgically removed, she didn't answer.

Shinobu passively dismisses his question and told him that she's doing whatever she can, leaving the boy with an unsatisfied remark.

A violent cough interrupted him as he saw (Name) shake on the bed. The girl immediately covered her mouth, catching a few yellow petals in her hand.

"(Name)-chan..I-I'll go get Shinobu-sama-" He panicked until she grabbed his wrist. Stopping him from leaving.

"B-But (Name)-chan...it's getting worst."

Her dull eyes looked blankly at the boy, her chapped lips slightly parting, "Is it that bad?"

"This disease could possibly kill you, of course it's bad!"

"I could die?" (Name) looked like she didn't believe his words, 'That doesn't sound so bad..' She thought.

"Please..(Name)..I already returned your feelings, why aren't you getting better?!" Zenitsu was in distress.

(Name) too was confused by this. If Zenitsu like her back, then why isn't she recovering. It's like the disease was only getting worst.

Unless...

"Zenitsu..get out."

"W-What?"

"Get out of my room. And go get Shinobu."

Completely caught off guard with the whole situation, he respectfully obeyed her command.

"And Zenitsu.."

The boy paused, before exiting the room, "Yes (Name)-chan?"

"I hate liars."

Silence.

Zenitsu hastily left to go find the Insect Pillar. Shinobu ran to the girl's room, shocked that she finally said something after so long.

"(Name)-kun..."

"Shinobu-san."

(Name) then turned her head towards Zenitsu, "I don't want him here."

Shinobu looked at the yellow haired boy, signaling him to leave. Zenitsu fiddled with his haori sleeve and slowly left the room, sliding the door closed.

"Shinobu-san..I have a really important request. And I'd like to keep it just between you and me." (Name) softly smiled.

The Insect Pillar widen her eyes. She carefully sat down next to (Name) and urged her to continue.

A couple minutes passed as the door slid open. Zenitsu immediately whipped his head towards the sound, "Shinobu-sama..w-what happened?"

Shinobu just smiled at him, "Nothing, she was just asking some questions regarding her health. I suggest you let her rest now."

Zenitsu nodded, making his way back into the room until Shinobu stopped him, "She's in critical condition, you can not go in there." And after that, Zenitsu did not see the girl for the next two months.

Until he saw her finally walking around, leaving the Butterfly Estate.

He only caught glimpses of her when she walked around headquarters. And although she has recovered, Zenitsu wanted to leave her alone.

Waiting for the right moment to talk to her again. Cause why would she want to see the person she has had a crush on be very same person that put her onto a hospital bed for almost four months.

Following her around and staring at her from afar, Zenitsu thought after a few weeks it was the perfect time to talk to her again.

When he saw her walking somewhere, Zenitsu decided to follow her and finally explain himself.

She was still far away from him until he saw her disappear under a Wisteria tree. When Zenitsu got closer to her, he saw her happily talking with the Wind Pillar.

Although Sanemi came across as a rude guy, he seemed to enjoy the girl's company. Patting her head from time to time while slightly blushing.

Zenitsu didn't know how to react, feeling a hand on his shoulder, he turned around to see that it was Shinobu.

"This was (Name)'s request. To have the disease surgically removed." Shinobu said sadly.

Zenitsu began to cry, "W-Why? I returned her feelings did I not?!"

"But did you really?"

Zenitsu's eyes widen, "What do you mean?"

"Zenitsu-kun, did you really like (Name)-san? Think about it..she should be recovering right now, if you really did return her feelings. Deep down you just felt bad for her."

Zenitsu shook his head in denial, "N-No! Y-You're lying! I do love her!"

Shinobu pitied the crying boy, "You'll get over her soon. Trust me. You'll go back to your usual ways and fond over other girls."

"Y-You're lying! I-I do love her-" Zenitsu started coughing as Shinobu's eyes widen in horror.

A rose petal fell out of his mouth and onto the ground.