c.mcdavid- edmonton oilers

"Come on, (Y/N)!" Connor groaned at me because I was taking forever to do my makeup and hair, Connor and I are going on a date but he never told me what that date was so I'm kind of scared of what his idea of a surprise was

"Sorry babe, but you know it doesn't take quick for me to look hot," I yell from upstairs and I hear him sigh loudly, "You always look hot baby," He says and I can just feel that stupid smirk that I fell in love with 4 years ago, "I'm coming now," I yell and hear him grab his keys walking to the front door patiently.

"You look smokin' babygirl" Connor smirks and I chuckle nudging his side and look him up and down, "You don't look too bad yourself," I say and he grabs my hand guiding me out the door and into the passenger seat, "What are we even doing?" I ask him annoyed with all these secrets he's planning because for the past week he's been on phone call after phone call hiding from me when he talks.

"That's for me to know and you to find out," He jokes and I sigh heavily and roll my eyes playfully at him, "Now I'm nervous that you're gonna kill me," I say and he looks at me with an eyebrow raised, "Really? I'm not gonna fucking kill you," He said with clenched teeth as a joke but I played on acting like I didn't know, "That's what a murderer would say," I reply to his previous statement and he sighs gripping my thigh.

"You know I love you right, so so so much and I would never want anything to happen to you that's bad and I want to always be with you to keep you safe right?" Connor randomly says and I look at him with a weird grin and scan his face looking for what emotion he's showing, it was a nervous emotion, "I love you too baby boy," I say and he looks at me with a smile and kisses my lips quickly, "Put this on," Connor ordered and I put the blindfold on hesitantly and he guided me out the car and into a very cold building.

"It's freezing in here," I say and he chuckled from behind me he takes off my blindfold and I see the whole team with signs of each letter that say "Will You Marry Me?" As I turn around to see what that meant Connor was on one knee and looking into my eyes, he grabbed my hands and opened the ring box showing a beautiful diamond, I gasp with tears filling my eyes.

"(Y/N) I know we've only been dating for 2 years and we're still kind of young but I want to ask you this before it's too late and before you get tired of me, babygirl I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I want to wake up with you in my arms every morning, and I want be able to protect you as much as I can, so what I'm asking is (Y/N) (Y/L/N) will you do me the honors and be my sexy wife?" Connor says and at this point we both have tears streaming down our faces.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes!" I shout and hug him very tightly as we hug he sways us back and fourth and he kisses my lips gently, all the boys run up and hug us each individually and they kiss my cheek, "Let's play some hockey," Connor yells and all the boys run onto the ice and they play against each other, I watch from afar very grateful that I get to spend the rest of my life with the one and only Connor McDavid.