Chapter 1

"DYLAN ZEE SHARP!! YOU ARE GOING TO BE LATE!!" Today is April 4th. Tomorrow is Dylan's birthday. He likes to be called "Dyl", but all of his "friends" call him "Dill-Weed". "IM COMING MOM!!" Dylan yelled. Dylan's mom, Sydney, isn't aware of the problems her son faces at school. Dylan grabs a pop tart on his way out the door and is given a dirty look from his mom in the car. "Why are you like this Dylan? Why do you always skip school or try to sleep in late?" she asked. "It's nothing mom school just isn't my thing." he mumbled. "Please do better. For me?" she said softly. "Yea mom, I'll try." he said. They arrived at Shine High school. Only students who were born from a parent (or parents) that have a Sho can attend this school. A Sho is a supernatural ability that is obtained through genetics and is triggered around a person's 16th birthday. Dylan dashed to his first class but by the time he got there the bell rang for dismissal. His teacher, Mr. Gavin noticed that this is Dylan's 5th tardy. "Mr. Sharp you do realize this is your 5th absence right" he said with a frown. "I know Mr. Gavin but I-" Dylan started to come up with an excuse but was cut off. "No buts ! I'm afraid you will have to stay after school for detention!" Mr. Gavin snapped. Dylan went through the rest of his school day as usual. He sat by himself with his head down in classes, and he ate lunch alone. The final bell rang and as he was on his way to detention he was stopped by two boys in his class. Aiden and Marcus. They both shoved Dyl into the bathroom. "Lets see what mom packed for lunch!" Marcus said with a smile as he dumped Dyl's backpack out on the ground. Dyl threw a right fist towards Marcus but before it could connect he was hit in the back of the head. Aiden had picked up the wet floor sign and slammed it on Dyl's head. Dyl hit the ground and the two began kicking him. Dyl's eyes slowly closed as he was losing consciousness.