Chapter 20

The King of Todo was angry. He and the Queen had been friends for so long. "Why did she attack me? It had to be because of my idea of ruling the nation together. Her feelings weren't mutual." Tayshi thought to himself on his way back to his kingdom. He was depressed for a few years, but he found a woman that made him happy. They got married and had a son. He disagreed with the way the Queen's society was run but refused to tell her. He wasn't completely sure if the attack was her doing or one of her subordinates acting out. His wife, Seli decided that it was best if he just cut his ties with her completely. He agreed because he didn't want to start a war with his old friend. He ran his half of the nation with a few allies, but he felt that his power along with the Elite 4 was more than enough to destroy an army. The Elite 4 are the strongest warriors from Todo. The King trained them himself and one of the members is his own son. Running his country and training his allies was what he had his mind set on. One day Seli turned on the news for the King to see. The Queen of Kiri had declared war on him. Tayshi didn't understand why and wanted to contact Queen Jazmine, but Seli prevented him from doing so. "If it's a war she wants. Then that's what she'll get. This nation is our family. We can't let her threaten our family." Seli said. "You're right. We will wait for her next move." the King said softly. Later that night the King cried. He felt like he had truly lost a good friend. He couldn't bear the thought of the possibility... that he would have to kill her.