Chapter 9

Jay took his friends home because it was getting late. As Dyl was walking into Rose's house he seen Dionte leaving. Dionte bumped shoulders with Dyl as he walked past him. "I wonder why he's out so late." Dyl thought. When he went inside the house, he noticed that Chelsea was sleep and Rose wasn't there. "Rose must've had Dionte watch Chelsea while she was gone, and when he seen me coming in, he left." Dyl thought. Dyl showered and laid down. 

"Why do I have to watch that girl, and why do they have to live here? "Hopefully they don't get in my way." Dionte muttered to himself. Dionte walked to the usual meeting spot. An abandoned mansion not far from his house. "The war is beginning."  Scott said. "I can't wait to get my hands on the higher ups." Limone said while cracking his knuckles. "Everything is going as planned. We will destroy the higher ups from the inside and rise to the position. In a few years, I'll be King of Kiri, and you two will be by my side." Dionte said with a wicked smile.

Rose woke Dyl up again at 9am and set an alarm clock in his room. They went downstairs and had breakfast with Chelsea and Dionte just like the day before. Afterwards Dyl started his workouts and when he finished, he went back to the arcade with Jay and Fuji. They played games and ate pizza until it started getting late. Dyl told Jay and Fuji that he won't be going to Shine High school anymore. "Why not?" Jay asked. Dyl told them about how he's staying with Rose and will be homeschooled. "That's so cool! Is Rose a baddie? She sounds like a baddie!" Fuji said with excitement. "Come on dude she's way older than us. Anyways her son is an asshole, and he sneaks out. I think I'm going to follow him to see where he goes every night." Dyl said with a worried expression. "Just be careful bro. I'll go with you if you want me to" Jay said. A familiar car pulled up outside of the arcade. Sydney stepped out of it and Dyl ran to give his mom a hug. "I missed you mom! These are my new friends Jay, and Fuji." Dyl said. "It's a pleasure to meet you both." Sydney said with a smile. Dyl told his friends that he'd see them later and his mom drove them to Rose's house. When they arrived, Dionte walked past them. "Hey aren't you Dionte? Rose's son?" Sydney asked. Dion didn't say a word. He kept walking down the street into the darkness.