Chapter 12

Queen Jazmine is a descendant of Kiri. Generation after generation the role of King or Queen was passed down. She has two younger sisters but no brothers. Her father was so stressed out about being the ruler, making decisions, and not having a son as an heir that he killed himself about 10 years ago. Although she was a very young female, Jazmine gained the most respect for her fighting abilities and her kindness. She was promoted to Ruler shortly after her father's death at the age of 18. Jazmine befriended the King of Todo who was 19 at the time but a lot of her subordinates didn't approve of this. She scheduled monthly meetings with the King, and they would talk for hours about politics and sometimes just about life. They had a special meeting spot that's at the border between the two halves. "You know... I don't like having two halves of one country. Maybe someday we can all be on the same page." he would say. "You want to rule everything don't you?" Jaz would say. He would laugh. "I was thinking maybe WE could rule it together." he said. One day as she was going to meet him her men followed without her permission. They were instructed by someone in the Queen's congress. After her conversation with the King, she heard gunshots. Her men had opened fire on him without her permission. She begged them to stop but they insisted that this was the chance for her to rule everything. "YOU FOOLS!" she yelled. None of the bullets could touch him. All of the clouds turned gray. A single bolt of lightning struck all of her men down with one hit. "I guess you didn't agree with that idea of mine." He said with a laugh. "Tay... I swear I didn't have anything to do with-" Jaz stopped. The King of Todo had already left. She stood there as rain poured down. It still rains at that spot every day.