Chapter 40

On the way to the hospital Mona and Trace were stopped by a man in all black. "Follow me. I can heal Ty." the man said. "I don't know if we can trust him. His outfit is similar to the masked man and he knows this guy's name." Trace whispered. "We don't even know if this guy is going to survive the whole walk to the hospital. Also .. we are both exhausted from the last fight so if he wanted to he could just beat us up right here. I say we trust him." Mona whispered back. Trace nodded. "Lead the way." Trace said.

They followed this mysterious guy to a car. He drove them all the way to a castle. It was raining in this area and they could see that the castle had been damaged heavily. This was their home. Mona and Trace both looked at each other while frowning. The guards recognized the car and let them in. They parked and got out. He led them to a building and once they went inside the guy opened his black coat and something popped out. It was a very little girl about the size of a spider. She began to grow until she was at a regular teenage girl size. "Woo! It was getting hot in there." she said as she began fanning herself with her hand. Mona looked around and realized that they were in the hospital type room that their dad had built. It was only one room with several hospital beds and it was created for the family doctor to take care of them. "Who are you?" Trace asked. "Lay him on this bed over here so I can get started. We can introduce ourselves in a little bit." the mysterious man said as he started to change his outfit. Trace and Mona laid Ty on one of the hospital beds. "Hi! My name is Holly. My sho lets me become as small as I want to! I travel around with Dr. Nick and help him treat patients!" the girl said excitedly. "She sorta introduced the both of us. We are traveling doctors who happened to get kidnapped by the masked man who killed your father. I'm sorry. He killed the family doctor that was here because he refused to be a part of the masked man's plans. He was an ideal hero who dedicated his life to serving you two and your father." Nick said. Mona began to cry. "Why does this "masked man" need a doctor? It seemed to me that all he wanted was power." Trace said. "The masked man has a poison sho. Not only that but his right hand man can create snakes. In case of emergencies I was kidnapped. My sho allows me to create medicines and antidotes. If the masked man or any of his allies got hurt or poisoned they would be brought to me so I can heal them." Nick said as he began treating Ty's wounds. "That's understandable.. but.. if you're doing this because of being kidnapped and held hostage .. then why would you allow us to come here as well? You know that the masked man killed our father so you know we're here to stop him right? If he were to find out about you letting us in you would be killed!" Trace said. "The masked man has plans far greater than just Leya. I shrunk myself and eavesdropped a few times ... he plans on taking out other Kings with poison. He doesn't like the way countries are set up. He usually has no emotions.. but he gets passionate when talking about Kings and Queens. I think something terrible must have happened to him." Holly said. "We brought you here in hopes of you stopping him. Thinking back on the family doctor's death.. I also refuse to help this masked man anymore! He hurts people and his plans would ruin the world. I will heal Ty because as a doctor I can't stand to see someone wounded. Ty is helping the masked man only for the money. I'm sure once he realizes the danger he wouldn't want to help either." Nick said. "I came to avenge my father. His death.. I can't sleep thinking of it. I will fight this masked man .. even if it costs me my life." Trace said as he started to walk out the door. "I'm coming with you! This is our fight." Mona said. "Be careful. I heard extremely loud thunder and other crashes so I assume there's a fight happening already. Take this." Nick said. He threw a bottle of medicine to Mona. "That is an antidote that can cure most poisons. Good luck." Nick said. Trace and Mona went outside and started running towards the castle.