Chapter 49

Aviva took Squad 3 to a different gym within the Academy. "We are going to the Battle Gym already!? Aviva means business today." Lynn said excitedly. "We have to prepare for a WAR. Of course she's taking this seriously!" Yuri said. "As most of you know this is Squad 3. Rose was the former captain here and means a lot to us so that means we will all work extra hard! Rose showed us how to work as a team so that's what we will practice first. Lynn and Marcus you will be a team. You will fight against Yuri and .. what's your name kid?" Aviva asked. "I'm Mako. Let's just get this over with." he said. "Wow, nice attitude. Let's see if you have the battle skills to back it up." Aviva said firmly. Lynn and Marcus went to one side of the gym while Yuri and Mako went to the opposite side. "Before we start! Yuri's sho is p-" Lynn started to say but she was interrupted by Aviva. "START!" Aviva yelled. Marcus' body wouldn't move. He couldn't speak or look around. "What the hell is going on?" he thought to himself. "SCYTHE SLASH!" Mako yelled. He cut Marcus across the chest with a black scythe. "ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL HIM!?" Lynn yelled as she blasted Mako with a huge burst of water. He flew across the gym and hit the wall. "Are you okay?" Lynn asked. Marcus still couldn't move. Blood fell from his chest and onto the floor. "Okay now I'm pissed." Lynn said firmly. Mako dusted himself off. "I see so your sho let's you completely paralyze the opponent, but why didn't you get the girl?" Mako asked. "I have to be making eye contact with them for my sho to work. She knows about my abilities so she's avoiding eye contact." Yuri said. "Fine. I'll just take her out myself." Mako said firmly. He dashed towards Lynn. "WATER BLAST!" Lynn yelled. A blast of water swirled towards Mako. "SCYTHE SLASH!" he yelled. He cut through the water with his scythe. He swung his scythe at Lynn but she swiftly dodged it. She punched him in the face twice, and he swung his scythe at her again. She ducked and swept him off his feet with a kick. As he was falling she chopped at his body and he flew straight into the ground. "Damn Lynn! Don't forget this is training!" Aviva yelled. "Sorry! He made me a little mad that's all." Lynn said with a smile. "Lynn watch out!" Marcus yelled but he was too late. A fist flew towards Lynn's face and knocked her back. She wiped blood from her mouth and looked up to see who her attacker was. She made eye contact with Yuri. "DAMMIT! She got me!" Lynn thought to herself. She couldn't move or speak. "You let your guard down Lynn. Now I just have to deal with Marcus." Yuri said. "What the hell am I supposed to do? They are way out of my league!" Marcus thought to himself. Mako rubbed his head as he got up. "Damn she's strong. I'll definitely finish her now." Mako said as he walked towards Lynn. "SCYTHE SLASH!" Mako yelled. He swung his scythe at Lynn but hit something else. There was slime dripping from the end of his scythe. "What the hell is this?" Mako asked. He looked on the ground and saw a pool of slime. Marcus emerged from it and hit Mako with a hard uppercut. "Just a moment ago he looked pitiful and scared. That sho is weird but strong." Aviva thought to herself. Marcus began to dash towards Yuri but she swiftly jumped out of the way. When her feet touched the ground she slipped on some of Marcus' slime. "Are you serious? There was still some left on the ground?" Yuri thought to herself as she was falling. "HYDRO CANNON!" Lynn yelled. She sent a huge swirling blast of water towards Yuri. It hit her before she touched the ground and sent her flying across the gym. "Yuri and Mako have been defeated! Lynn and Marcus you did great! A lesson to be learned. Always find out your opponent's sho as quickly as possible or it could be your downfall. Knowing your opponents sho puts you at an advantage and not knowing puts you at a huge disadvantage." Aviva said. A small paramedic team checked out everyone's wounds. "I'll be stronger than Aiden if I hang around these guys!" Marcus thought to himself as a nurse bandaged his chest wound.