Chapter 51

Dyl's shield and Aiden's fist collided. They both flew back from the force of the impact. Emily's body floated away. Dyl landed back on the building he was on. "Owww!" Dyl said as he rubbed his back. He stood up and saw that Aiden was already on the move. He was going to the building close to Emily. Dyl dashed across a bridge but he wouldn't make it in time. Aiden reached for Emily but something hit him right in the face. Emily floated away. Dyl was breathing heavily. He had thrown his shield to stop Aiden from grabbing Emily.AIden punched the ground angrily. "You're going to pay for that one Dill-weed!" Aiden said. Aiden was closer to Dyl now. Dyl turned around to go towards her but he stopped. He could hear the sound of fire. Aiden's whole body was covered in flames. "FIRE BLAST!" Aiden yelled. A huge blast of fire shot from Aiden's hands and went straight towards Dyl. Dyl used his shield to block it but was pushed by the force of the blast. Aiden used his flames to push himself over to the building that Dyl was at. Dyl turned around and got punched in the face. He fell on the ground. Aiden started punching Dyl in the face over and over again. "He can't fight anymore! Shouldn't you stop this?" one of the students asked. Nate was focusing on the fight and didn't even hear them. Dyl could barely see. Aiden was punching him angrily. "There's nothing I can do.. my sho is only a shield. I wanted to protect my friends but I can't even protect myself." Dyl thought. He could barely see it but tears were falling from Aiden's eyes. "No. I have to fight. AIDEN NEEDS TO BE SAVED TOO!" Dyl thought to himself. He sat up and Aiden stepped back. "Huh? What's he doing?" Aiden thought to himself. Dyl's right hand was in the air and a sword with a white and silver handle was in it. "I'm sorry Aiden." Dyl said as he sliced him across the chest. Aiden fell and Dyl bent down to check on him. Flames spouted from Aiden's body again and Dyl jumped back. Aiden stood up. "FIRE BLAST! FIRE BLAST! FIRE BLAST!" Aiden yelled. He shot multiple balls of fire towards Dyl. Dyl used his shield to block the first one but was pushed back. He used the sword and sliced through the other two blasts. "Something isn't right.." Nate thought to himself. "Stop! You're pushing yourself too hard!" Dyl said. "SHUT UP! I've made so many mistakes. So many... I've tried to ruin your life. I bullied you and other people. Like you said I even tried to kill your family, but yet you forgive me? I DON'T DESERVE TO BE FORGIVEN. I CAN NEVER MAKE UP FOR WHAT I'VE DONE!" Aiden yelled with tears falling down his eyes. The flames around his body took the form of a giant bird. "BURNING PHOENIX!" Aiden yelled as he flew straight towards Dyl. "You want to make up for what you've done? HOW ABOUT YOU START WITH BEING MY FRIEND!" Dyl yelled. "SHARP SHIELD!" Dyl yelled. He raised both his sword and shield as he dashed towards Aiden. Aiden's phoenix form collided with Dyl's shield and Dyl's sword pierced Aiden's shoulder. Aiden was on the ground bleeding from his wounds. Dyl kneeled by him covered in burns and breathing heavily. Tears fell from both of their eyes. "Can.. Can I really be your friend?" Aiden asked while sobbing. "Yeah.. if you stop calling me Dill-weed." Dyl said with a smile. Dyl fell to the ground. He had lost consciousness.