Chapter 6

Dyl and Chelsea gave their mom another hug. She whispered in Dyl's ear. "I bet I've figured out what you want to do. She will help you." Chelsea started crying again and her mother kissed her forehead. "Everything is going to be okay; I love you. Follow your brother, okay?" she said. "Okay mommy," Chelsea said sniffling. She grabbed Dyl's hand, and they went down to the lobby. Rose was there waiting for them. "Dyl and little Chelsea, right? I'm one of your mother's friends. I saw you two earlier during that situation. I'm sorry for what happened. Your mom is a strong woman, and she will heal up soon, but for now she wants you two to stay with me." Rose said. "Thanks for helping us." Dyl said as they made their way to the Force Truck. "So that shield... was that your sho?" Rose asked Dyl. "I guess... it was my first time using it and it disappeared immediately after the fire blast dispersed." Dyl said. "Maybe I can help you once we get to my place." she said. "What do you mean?" Dyl said. "You will see." They pulled up to a huge blue house. There was a pool in the backyard, a huge kitchen with a bar inside, and a huge green room full of flowers. They walked into the house and Rose showed them the rooms they could sleep in. She tucked Chelsea in and before closing Dyl's door she said "Rest up. You're going to need it for tomorrow."

Rose woke Dyl up at 9am. "Rise and shine. You need all the energy you can get so I made breakfast." she said. At the dinner table it was Rose, Dyl, Chelsea, and another boy. "I'd like y'all to meet my son, Dionte." Rose said. "Hey Dionte, I don't believe I've seen you around school." Dyl said. "That's because I obviously don't go to that dump." Dionte said. "Be nice Dion and finish your sausage." Rose said. After eating, Rose took Dyl and Chelsea to the green room. "These flowers are so pretty! Right Dyl?" Chelsea asked as she rushed over to smell them. Dion came in shortly afterwards and Rose asked him to watch Chelsea for a little bit. She took Dyl to a bigger room with much more space. "This is our training room. Dion's dad and I train here when he's not busy. Today I will help you effectively use your shield, and hopefully you can tell me your thoughts." Rose said. "My sho allows me to control plant life. I will strike with vines, and I want you to block them. Of course, this won't be easy as I will gradually speed up and add more strength." she said. "Okay I'm ready." She struck at Dyl with a thick vine and hit him across the chest. "Keep your guard up!" she said as she struck again. This time Dyl threw up his left arm and the shield appeared. He blocked a few strikes back-to-back. The shield wasn't easy to move around because of its weight and she was striking at an amazing speed. She added more force behind her strikes and Dyl's shield began to crack. Once she realized this she stopped. "Everyone's sho has a limit, based on the amount of energy and strength they have. Let's try something different."