Chapter 8

Rose took Dyl to a gym that's within her house. "Dyl do you know what you want to do with your life?" she asked. "Seeing the Sho Force made me decide. I want to fight. I want to defend the ones I love. I don't know if the Sho Force would be for me but-" Dyl was interrupted. "There's other things out there for you. I can help you discover what you want to do, but you'll have to stay here with me." Rose said. "Stay here? Like live here?" Dyl asked. "Well .. I've already agreed to let your family live here for awhile until you get a home. Dionte usually trains alone or goes out and his father is out training with the army so I get lonely sometimes. I could use some company, and since you'll be staying here anyways you should let me help you train! Of course I'll be out with the Sho Force most of the time but I can give you enough to help you train yourself. You would have to be homeschooled if that's okay?" Rose said with a smile. "That actually sounds .. perfect." Dyl said happily. Rose gave Dyl a long list of exercises to do daily, and a diet. She also told him that he would start doing schoolwork on Monday. She left him to train alone for awhile, and showed Chelsea around the house. While he was lifting weights Dionte walked in. "Just because my mom is nice to you .. doesn't mean that I have to be." Dionte said. He started to walk back out but Dyl said something that made him stop. "We should fight sometime, maybe you can help me train?" Dyl asked. "Oh we could definitely fight someday, but it won't be training." Dionte said as he closed the door. Dyl finished his daily training and decided to call his mom. "Hey son! I'll be out of the hospital tomorrow. I hope you're enjoying it there!" she said. Dyl told his mom all about his sho and his training. "I'm so proud of you! I can't wait to see the man you'll become!" she said. Dyl decided to call Jay after talking to his mom. "Hey bro it's me Dyl. I just wanted to thank you for helping me yesterday.. and the day before." Dyl said. "It's no problem bro! Are you busy? If not then I can swing by and maybe get Fuji too. We could go to the arcade or something." Jay said. Dyl couldn't believe what he was hearing. His whole face lit up. "Yeah bro! Sounds cool. I'll send you the address." Dyl said. Dyl, Jay and Fuji all went to the arcade to play their favorite fighting game. "So Jay, I guess you use that ice character because you guys have the same powers?" Dyl asked jokingly. "Actually I liked him since before my sho. I mean the guy is cold! Literally!" Jay said. They all laughed. "You guys are lucky .. I don't get my sho until around June." Fuji said. "It's okay. I honestly still don't know how to use mine that well." Dyl said. "Oh you unlocked your Sho? What is it?" Jay asked. "It's just a shield .. a silver and red shield but it seems really sturdy and I feel like there's more to it." Dyl said. On a tv screen in the arcade the news came on. "The Queen of Kiri, Jazmine, has now declared war on Todo!" the news reporter yelled.