Chapter 7

This country is called Mitama which means "Honorable Soul". It is divided into two sides because of a disagreement long ago. One half is called Kiri, and the other is called Todo. This grudge has lasted for generations. Two brothers over hundreds of years ago were born from the first woman to have Sho. She died while giving birth to the youngest son, Kiri. These two brothers were extremely powerful and grew up together. Their father ruled over all of the land of Mitama and the older brother, Todo was claimed the heir. Their father died of old age and Todo became the ruler. Kiri was extremely jealous. He was much stronger than Todo and thought that he would be a better fit as the ruler. He decided to gather a team of sho users and attack Todo, but Todo was expecting it and counterattacked. Todo and his men won the battle and forced Kiri to surrender. Kiri decided that since he couldn't rule over Mitama or defeat his brother that he'd just take half of the land by force. Todo took this as betrayal and created a plan to kill his brother. He confronted his brother at the border between the now separated country. The two brothers fought each other one on one. Their swords clashed as they both went all out. Kiri was physically stronger, but Todo was the better swordsman. Todo managed to knock Kiri down, but he loved his brother so much that when he had his blade to his brother's neck, he couldn't kill him. Kiri took the opportunity to stab his brother through the chest. Todo died and Kiri left to go take over Todo's half of the country, but he was unexpectedly confronted by Todo's son Raze. Kiri was already exhausted from the previous fight and was easily bested by Raze. After killing his uncle Raze went back to his father's half of the country and ruled it. Kiri's son Jamo became leader and ruled Kiri's half. For over hundreds of years tension has been built between the two halves of the country for various reasons. Now currently the leaders of each side of the country have very different views. They don't like the way the other half is constructed, and a war could possibly be brewing.