Chapter 42

Mona rushed over to King Tayshi. She had the antidote in her hand. She opened his mouth and poured it. "It didn't work!" She shouted to Trace. Trace rushed over and helped Mona pick him up. They carried the King to the hospital where Dr. Nick was waiting for them. "Ahhh so my antidote came in handy? Looks like he's going to make it." Nick said. "He.. completely defeated her." Mona said. "We should go and bury the body somewhere." Trace said. Ty came in from a door on the opposite side of the room. He was coming out of the restroom. "I heard everything. I didn't know the masked man very well.. but the money I was making helped me take care of myself. I was homeless and I needed help. He took me in and gave me a purpose. The least I can do is help bury him." Ty said. "So.. you're not going to try and fight us?" Trace asked. "No. I lost to you once already. Besides I have no reason to fight. My source of income is gone now. It's back to surviving on my own and searching for a new purpose." Ty said as he looked down. "The "masked man" was actually a woman. She probably didn't tell you much because you wouldn't agree with her plans. She wanted to kill all Kings and Queens." Mona said. "All Kings and-.. WAS SHE CRAZY!? Has she never heard of Rocky Jaz or the Storm G- ..." Ty stopped. He looked at the hospital bed and saw King Tayshi laying there. "No way.. is that.. King Tayshi!? I'm surprised there's even a body left to bury if he is the one that fought her!" Ty said. "Well if you're coming with us then let's get going. She seemed like she had a tough life.. let's lay her to rest." Mona said. They went towards the back of the castle where the fight happened. There was nothing at the spot where Vex was struck except some ashes. "That's impossible.. she was just here!" Trace said. A thick fog appeared. "So you're helping the enemy now?" Cloud asked. Mona, Trace, and Ty were all back to back in the fog. "It's not like that Cloud. The enemy had already been killed. We just want to lay them to rest." Mona said. The fog went away. Cloud was sitting in a nearby tree with bags in his hands. "I went and gathered supplies for our trip back home. I knew that by the time I got back he'd be finished with the fight." Cloud said confidently. "That's good and all but.. what did you do with her body?" Mona asked. "Her? I thought the person who my King was fighting was a "masked man"? Either way I didn't do anything." Cloud said. A snake slithered past them but nobody noticed it.

King Tayshi opened his eyes. He jumped off of the hospital bed and almost fell. "It would be wise to lay back down. Your body needs lots of rest." Dr. Nick said. "Wha- What's going on?" Tayshi asked as he put his hand on his forehead. He was really hot and sweating. His head was pounding. "You almost died from poisoning but the antidote that Dr. Nick gave to your friend, saved your life!" Holly said excitedly. "My friend?" Tayshi asked. "A girl with paintbrushes. Daughter of the past king." Dr. Nick said. "Mona!? Where is she? Is she safe!?" Tayshi asked. Dr. Nick walked over to help him back in the bed. "She and a few others left to bury the body of the "masked man". This country is without a leader once again." Dr. Nick said sadly.

Mona, Trace , Ty and Cloud searched the area but couldn't find Vex's body anywhere. They went into the Castle to look. Trace went into his father's room. He remembered his dad coughing up a lot of blood and dying in his bed. Trace began to cry. He fell to the floor. I'm.. I'm so sorry father.. I couldn't protect you ... I RAN AWAY LIKE A COWARD!" Trace yelled while sobbing. Mona came into the room with tears falling from her eyes. She hugged her brother. "It's not your fault Trace. You didn't know what was going on. We wouldn't have been able to do anything against the poison." she said softly. "I know.. but I could have at least stayed and fought." Trace said. "I understand.. I left too.. but we came back. It's over now. This country needs you to be a strong king Trace." Mona said while sniffling. "I know. It's my turn isn't it?" Trace asked. "Yes. You will be a great King just as father was." Mona said confidently. She smiled. Trace wiped his face. "Let's get to work." he said firmly.