Chapter 46

Gilbert turned around but it was too late. Jack was already throwing his right fist towards him. Jack felt himself slowing down. "Why am I moving so slow? What is going on?" Jack thought to himself. Two of Jack's clones appeared on both sides of Gilbert. Hitori pulled out his sword and dashed through a portal created by Scott. He appeared by Gilbert and swiftly took both of the clones out. "This is getting good." the woman said with a wicked smile. "Kagami help me out! Don't you see these brats trying to jump me?" Jack asked. "I see jail didn't toughen you up at all Jack." Kagami said as he took a step forward. "MAX CLONES!" Jack yelled. He created about 50 clones of himself. "MOVING MIRROR!" Kagami yelled. Kagami created mirrors that moved around the room. Gilbert and Hitori went through a portal and ended up back beside Scott. All three of them looked at the amount of mirrors and clones in the room. "Scared? This is what we call a Sho Combo. It's when you use two or more sho together." Jack said. "MIRROR CLONES!" Jack and Kagami yelled together. Jack and his clones appeared to be inside the moving mirrors. "Scott back us up. Hitori let's do this." Gilbert said. "What!? You still think you have a chance?" Jack asked. The woman laughed. Gilbert and Hitori dashed into the middle of the room. Hitori slashed some of the mirrors with his sword while Gilbert pulled out two pistols and shot at them. The mirrors began circling and surrounding them. "There's too many of them!" Gilbert yelled. Clones hopped out of a few mirrors and began to charge at them. Gilbert and Hitori were back to back slashing and shooting clones. "You're wasting energy. At this rate you'll be overwhelmed by the clones and I'll trap you in a mirror forever." Kagami said confidently. Gilbert smiled. "NOW!" he yelled. Hitori dashed through a portal and slashed at a mirror. The mirror broke and Jack fell out of it. Hitori had slashed him across the chest and he was on the floor bleeding. "How.. how did you know where I was.. aren't you blind?" Jack asked. "Yes I am blind, but my sho enhances my sense of smell. Your clones are inorganic so they don't have a scent. I knew where you were the whole time." Hitori said. Gilbert walked through a portal and appeared behind Kagami. He pointed one of his pistols at the back of Kagami's head. "These kids are interesting." the woman thought to herself. She smiled and stood up. "That's enough. I'll answer any questions you have." she said firmly. "You heard her. She will answer your questions. Now stop pointing that toy at me" Kagami said angrily. "I carry these pistols to honor my dad. They have his heart and soul in them. Insult them again and I'll use them to blow your brains out." Gilbert said coldly. He tucked the guns away and walked over to the throne where the woman was standing. "Who was controlling my dad? Our research has led us here but I have a feeling it wasn't you." Gilbert said firmly. "Your father was Gun Slinger Cam right? You have that same determined look in your eyes. The person that was controlling your father was one of the higher ups in this country. I currently work for them but I have my own plans. I think that if we work together we can both get what we want." the woman said while smiling. "You can quit beating around the bush. I know that whoever this mystery person is wants to rule this country. They attacked my father first because they knew he would be a threat to their plans and then they used him with some sort of strange sho. If you want my help then that means your plans don't align with theirs. I'm assuming you also want the Kiri's throne?" Gilbert asked.

"Ahhhh.. so you've figured a lot out on your own. Your dad was used as a distraction. The real threat to this country is still within the higher ups. She has been gathering members to fight on her side and oppose the Queen at the exact moment of war. Queen Jaz and her army would have to fight off Todo's army without knowing that some of their own people will betray them." the woman said. "She? The person who controlled my dad is a woman? Those plans are insane. Who is she? Who are you?" Gilbert asked. "She's a woman but I won't reveal her identity. You will have to work by my side. We both want her out the picture but for different reasons. We could change this whole war and the outcome completely." the woman said. "I won't agree to work with you until I know who you are." Gilbert said. "My name is Anna. It's been a pleasure meeting you." she said with a smile.

Aviva dropped the boys off at the arcade. "Make sure you boys don't stay here too late! Tomorrow you will be assigned to a captain and training will begin." she said before driving off. "Let's play ALL NIGHT!" Fuji said. "I'm down! This will probably be our last time coming here before all this intense training and the war." Dyl said. "Well.. Let's go!" Jay said as they dashed towards the games. They went around eating pizza and playing all of the arcade games until the place closed. "Well it looks like we're walking home tonight." Fuji said. "Yeah I should've drove my car to the Academy this morning instead of riding with Aviva." Jay said. "Tomorrow is going to be exciting. I wonder if any of us will end up under the same captain." Dyl said. "I don't know but I'm going to do my best no matter what!" Jay said. "Facts! I want to learn how I can effectively use my sho." Fuji said. "Yeah.. I don't see how a chicken would be much help though." Dyl said while chuckling. Jay busted out laughing. "I'm an EAGLE, but I'll show you both how strong I can be!" Fuji said confidently. "Okay it's getting late. Hopefully I'll see you guys tomorrow." Dyl said. "Alright boys let's show out tomorrow!" Fuji said. "Make sure you set alarms! See ya!" Jay said as they all split up.

Dyl decided to make a stop before going home. He walked to the cemetery and went towards Rose's grave. He saw someone sitting there. "G- Gil?" Dyl asked. Gilbert turned around. Dyl blinked and he was gone. "What was that? I must be tripping." Dyl thought to himself. He walked over and kneeled down at Rose's grave. "I'll make you proud. You've given me so much and I owe my life to you. I will fight to protect everyone else I care about so that I don't lose anyone else. I will be like armor to my friends and family." Dyl said firmly. He walked back home, took a shower, and then quickly fell asleep.