Chapter 52

"I gave the students a training exercise and you won't believe what happened. One of the students had a shield as his sho and I thought nothing of it.. but while fighting with another student he also manifested a sword." Nate said into his watch. A hologram of a man appeared on the watch. "Hmmm.. A sword and a shield.. so that old lady was right? For now keep an eye on him. He could be the key to this nation's future." The man said. "Alright little bro. I'll train him the best I can." Nate said. Nate turned his watch off. He was standing on the building where Dyl and Aiden had fought. All of his students were at the infirmary to have their wounds treated. Light breezes flew around Nate. "Destiny. Fate. I have nothing to worry about. Everything will fall into place. I guess I'll go check on the kid." Nate thought to himself.

Dyl slowly opened his eyes. "What happened?" he thought to himself. He looked to the side and a lady was healing him using her sho. "Mom!?" Dyl asked. "Hey big bro!" Chelxu said excitedly. "Why are you guys here?" Dyl asked. "I took on this job here at the Sho Force Academy to make sure you stay safe .. and to get Chelxu out of the house." Sydney said with a smile. Dyl looked to his left and Aiden was laying beside him. "Is he okay? I think he lost a lot of blood." Dyl said. "He is fine. He was awake awhile ago. He's just taking a nap right now." Sydney said. Nate walked into the infirmary and pushed past his students. "Dylan.. I'm sorry I let things go that far. Please stay home from practice tomorrow. You'll need your rest. Also apologize to Aiden for me and let him know the same thing." Nate said. Dyl nodded. Nate left the infirmary along with the students. "I wonder what that was about.. it didn't seem like he meant what he said." Dyl thought to himself. Aiden started moving. "What's going on Dill-weed?" Aiden muttered. Dyl frowned. "I thought we agreed that you would stop calling me that." Dyl said. Sydney made both of them some ramen and green tea. "Nate said that he's sorry and that we should stay home tomorrow.. but I don't think he wants us to." Dyl said. Aiden slurped down his ramen angrily. "There's no way I'd miss a day to blow off some steam! I'll go even if he says not to!" Aiden said. "Yeah.. I plan on going too!" Dyl said with a smile. "Training for Squad 5 is over for today so you two should be heading home soon. Of course you'll be riding with me Dylan." Sydney said. Aiden cleaned up and left the infirmary. Dyl finished his ramen and got into the car with his sister and mom.

Sydney played slow songs on the radio and Chelxu fell asleep. Dyl turned the radio down low. "Mom.. This war could be really dangerous.. but I've decided. I'll protect my friends and fight for Rose. I'll give it my all no matter what happens." Dyl said firmly. He looked over at his mom. She was sobbing. "I-... I'm so proud of you Dylan. You're going to do great things. I just know you are." Sydney said with a smile.

When they got home Dyl saw a sports car in the yard. "Woah! Who's sweet ride? You got a boyfriend now mom?" Dyl asked. "That's your sweet ride Dyl." his mom said with a smile. "NO WAY!" Dyl yelled as he ran to check out his new car. "The Sho Force Academy paid me a lot to be a medic, and I'm really proud of you so I bought you a gift! You better not get into any trouble with it." Sydney said. Dyl gave his mom a big hug. "Thanks for being the best." he said. Sydney went inside and tucked Chelxu in. After checking out his car for a while, Dyl took a shower and then went straight to sleep. He accidentally left his door cracked. His mom walked in and gave him a kiss on his forehead.