Chapter 41

"LIGHTNING BOLT!" Tayshi yelled. A huge blast of lightning came from Tayshi's hand and flashed past Vex's head. Vex's ears were ringing. "If .. if that would've hit me I would be dead." Vex thought to herself. Tayshi was standing but was stumbling. He was seeing double and couldn't tell where Vex was really standing. "The poison has taken its toll on you. You shouldn't even be able to stand! I'll make sure you die right here." Vex said with a smile. She put her hand up and a huge poison ball started forming. Tayshi shot another blast of lightning but it completely missed her. The ball of poison swirled and became bigger.

Trace and Mona finally reached the scene but it looked as if they were too late. "The masked man.. is a woman?" Mona asked. "It would seem so.." Trace replied. They looked up at the huge purple ball of poisonous liquid and noticed Tayshi stumbling. "POISON BALL!" Vex yelled. She hurled the huge ball of poison right at King Tayshi. The rain fell faster. It began quickly swirling around Tayshi. The ball of poison hit the King at full force. Poison flew everywhere as soon as it made contact. "DRAW WALL!" Mona yelled. A huge cement wall protected Mona and Trace from the poison. Vex laughed. "There's no way in hell you survived a direct hit from-" she stopped. A ball of water was surrounding Tayshi. It swirled at an incredible speed and gently laid him on the ground. He appeared to be unconscious. "He can control water as well!? What is this man!?" Vex said. "I- .. I won't let you hurt anyone else. I'll get revenge for my father!" Trace said. "TRICERATOPS!" Trace yelled. He began to charge straight at Vex but a bolt of lightning flew right in front of his face causing him to stop. Random strikes of lightning began hitting the ground. Trace turned around. He watched as Tayshi was trying to get up. The King was coughing up blood. "The antidote.. I HAVE THE ANTIDOTE!" Mona shouted. "NO! I told you .. I'd help you. This is my fight. Underestimating a King.. is disrespectful. Watch.. let me show you my power." Tayshi said. "What can you do? You can't see, you can't stand, and you're on the verge of death." Vex said firmly. The rain was falling hard. "You killed a leader... You killed a father. A father just like me. These kids and their people will now struggle because of you." Tayshi said as his body shook. He was beginning to stand. He mentally knew what he had to do but physically his body couldn't take anymore. "I never cared about anyone other than myself. I didn't have parents. Kings and Queens never help the ones who really need it. All they care about is their own families and wealth. I grew up on my own without any help. Kings and Queens are not necessary. I will destroy the royalty and create a new way of ruling." Vex said. Tayshi was breathing heavy but was finally standing again. "Your childhood isn't something you can use as an excuse. We all have our own problems. There is always somebody worse off than you. I know a kid that didn't even have a name when I found him... You.. want to call yourself a King Slayer? On behalf of all Kings.. including the ones that lived before me.. I CAN'T LET YOU LIVE!" Tayshi yelled. Lightning began to strike the ground. Trace returned to normal and ran towards Mona. "It's not safe here! We have to move!" Trace yelled. He grabbed Mona and they started running towards the castle. Tayshi had both of his arms out. It seemed as if the Earth was shaking. "What!? How can he have this much power!?" Vex asked. For the first time in her life she felt fear. It felt like everything was trembling. Lightning began sparking from Tayshi's hands. "YOU'RE DONE FOR!" Tayshi yelled. He brought his arms down. "THUNDER CLAP!" Tayshi yelled. A huge single bolt of lightning struck straight down from the clouds. It hit Vex directly and the Earth surrounding her was being destroyed. Mona had set up another concrete wall as soon as her and Trace reached safety. They could hear the loud crash of thunder.

A few moments later the storm began to clear up. Vex's body was laying on the ground with smoke coming from it. Her clothes had been burned off. "This.. this is how I die. Cool. I doubt that he survives. My name will be in the history books. See you in hell Tayshi .." Vex thought to herself before her eyes closed. King Tayshi had collapsed. He couldn't feel or see anything. "Well.. I went out with a bang." He thought to himself as he lost consciousness.