Chapter 48

Chris took Squad 1 to a location to train privately. Zane took Squad 2 to an empty courtyard. "Most, if not all of you have sho that aren't made for straightforward offense, and that is perfectly fine. I will show each of you how you can use your sho for other purposes and how to defend yourself with them. I need someone to volunteer to show us all their sho." Zane said with a smile. "I'll go! Choose me!" A girl said. "Okay come on over!" Zane said excitedly. "My name is Blossom and this is my sho!" she said. "TREE TRUNK!" she yelled. Her whole entire body began to transform. Branches came from her arms and her body took the form of a tree trunk. She had completely turned into a tree. She moved her branches around and twisted her trunk. "Pretty useless right?" Blossom asked. "This is a wonderful sho! You could use it to hide from enemies! Is there anything else?" Zane asked. "Well yeah. I can transform into any plant." Blossom said. "VENUS FLYTRAP!" she yelled. Her body took the form of a Venus fly trap. "Amazing! If you can transform into any plant that means you could also create fruit and veggies for your allies if they are short on food! Not only that but you could definitely use branches and vines to defend yourself!" Zane said. "I never thought of it like that..'' Blossom said as she returned to normal. Fuji stood there shocked. "He made her sho seem like so much more in a matter of minutes!" he thought to himself. "Who is next?" Zane asked. "I guess I'll go." a guy said from the back. "Come on out here don't be shy!" Zane said excitedly. "My name is Ray. I want to protect others but my sho.." he stared at the ground. "What's wrong?" Zane asked. "My sho allows my whole body to shine.. but you can only see it when it's dark .." Ray said sadly. "Well have you tried making it brighter? If you want to protect others then you just be as bright as you can be!" Zane said with a smile. "I guess..." Ray said sadly. "Close your eyes and feel your sho. Allow the sun to help you. Feel its energy on you and make it your own." Zane said. Ray's body started shining brightly. He opened his eyes and could see himself glowing. "Good job! If you work on that even more you can use it to blind your enemies or light up dark places to help guide your allies!" Zane said with a smile. "Th- Thank you so much." Ray said as tears fell down his face. Zane gave him a huge hug. "You are not useless. I can't wait to see who you become!" Zane said with a smile.

"Okay one more and then we will-" Zay was interrupted. "ME! LET ME GO NEXT! I'M TIRED OF BEING CALLED A CHICKEN!" Fuji yelled. "Come on then." Zane said with a smile. Fuji dashed over and all eyes were on him. "My name is Fuji and I want to save pretty girls!" he said happily. The whole squad started laughing. "Show us what you got." Zane said. Fuji began to shrink as wings sprouted out from where his arms were. "Ahhh an eagle. How nice." Zane said. "My friends always tease me but I know there's more to my sho. Please guide me." Fuji said firmly. "Animal sho are all dependent on your willpower. The bigger your determination the bigger your animal transformation will be. An eagle will be able to swiftly dodge enemies attacks, gain information on enemies without being detected, and they can travel long distances quickly." Zane said. "What about attacks?" Fuji asked. "The more you know the more you grow. As you gain experience your transformation will become bigger. A huge eagle can be a formidable opponent." Zane said with a smile. Fuji nodded as he returned to normal. "Now let's test some of my ideas out!" Zane said excitedly.