Chapter 5

The Sho force left along with Sydney and Aiden. There was no room in the truck for Dyl and Chelsea to ride to the hospital. Dyl hugged his sister as they looked at the ashes of their home. "This was the chance I was waiting for..." Marcus said. He was standing behind Dyl with a gun to the back of his head. "You ruined our lives, Dill. We were looking at charges against us along with getting expelled. Our lives will never be the same because of you. I WILL END YOU RIGHT N- '' Marcus' body was frozen. Jay used his ice sho to freeze Marcus before he could pull the trigger. "I hate bullies." Jay said with a disgusted look on his face. Fuji ran up to them and he was out of breath. "Is everything okay Dyl?" he asked while panting. Dyl didn't understand. Why did Jay save him? Why did Fuji come? Why were they being so nice to him? Then he thought that this is what it must feel like to have friends. "Everything is fine." Dyl said. "Jay, can you give us a ride to the hospital? I don't know what we're going to do about Marcus." Dyl said. "We can just leave him right here; I've already called the Sho Force. Now all of you hop in my car! I'll gladly give you a ride. That's what friends do, right?" Jay said. He took Fuji home and then he took Dyl and Chelsea to the hospital. "I hope your mom gets well soon. I'm sorry this happened to you." Jay said before leaving. Chelsea grabbed Dyl's hand, and they walked into the hospital together. They were told the room their mother was in, and they went straight to it. When they got there, they saw that she was still covered in small burns. "Mom I'm so sorry." Dyl said while crying. "It's my fault, but I couldn't let those kids keep hurting my son." she said. "But mom look at you!" Dyl said crying even harder. "Listen to me. This is nothing compared to what you've been going through every day at school. You are my first child. My son. I'd rather be burned all over a million times than to see you hurt." she said while tears fell down her face. Dyl hugged his mother, and Chelsea joined in. "My sho can heal others. Chelsea was burned really bad. I was able to get her out of a window and healed her with my remaining energy. I thought I was dead, but it seems that I had a little bit of energy left that kept me alive until somebody saved me from the fire." Sydney said. "So that's why whenever we were younger and scraped our knees or hurt ourselves, we were healed so quickly! We have never been to the doctor before, and I never thought about why. You're an amazing mom." Dyl said with a smile. "I should be all healed up in a day or two. Until then you two will be staying with one of my close friends. Her name is Rose, and she should be back soon to pick you up. She's a captain of the Sho Force so you two will definitely be safe."