Getting Ready for Hogwarts

AN- This is a story about the silver trio. Please don't pester me to pair one person with another, this story will only include canon ships. Also, please refrain from swearing or hate in the comments, they can be hurtful, and I wrote this story for me, not for you, if you don't like it read something else. It has some mature content, but if Deathly Hallows doesn't bother you, you'll be fine. CONSTRUCTIVE criticism will have its own section at the end.

Also, it's kind of bad at the beginning, or at least I think so. My writing style changes around chapter 3.

Also, looking back it is darker than the Deathly Hallows. Still one of the more innocent things on Wattpad.

Ginny's POV

I ran straight into a wall. It wasn't any ordinary wall, though, it was the entrance onto platform 9 3/4. When I reached the other side, steam from the train obscured my vision, and I coughed as it filled my lungs. A scarlet steam engine waited for me, glistening in the light. It filled me with a sense of happiness and peace, that I could never quite explain. It was going to be just like previous years.

The elation died in my chest. Dumbledore was dead. Nothing would be the same. Harry was...I didn't even want to think about were he was now. I felt hot pressure behind my eyes and blinked quickly.

"Are you ok? You look miserable." A girl with dirty blonde hair walked up to me. "Did you get too near a Blibbring Humdinger?"

"No, Luna, it's just, well, everything!" I responded, still trying to refrain from crying.
"Are you sure, I have a remedy somewhere in my bag...better safe than sorry."

I decide it's best to change the subject. "Have you seen Neville anywhere?"
"He's already on the train," Luna and I walk to the train. "How are your brothers?" She asked as we hoisted my trunk into storage. I winced, and she instantly knew she said something wrong.

Now I was thinking of Ron too.
"Bill just got married to Fleur, Charlie's coming back from Romania, Percy won't talk to us, Fred and George's joke shop is going great, and Ron, Ron is going to go kill Voldemort. Harry let it slip over holiday."

And I start pouring the whole truth out to her. How the interruption at Bill and Fluer's wedding shows that the Death Eaters know where we live. How worried I was about Harry. I spoke of my lingering feelings for Harry, and why we broke up.
"He told me that he didn't want me to get hurt. He broke my heart to protect me.

Soon, I'm even telling her what I know of Ron, Harry, and Hermione's secret mission from Dumbledore.
I let out a sob. "Now I feel like mum, but with almost the whole family in the Order..." She let the sentence trail off. This time it's Luna who changes the subject.

"Neville's probably waiting for us."

***

On the train, Neville was pacing in a compartment.

"Did you hear who the new headmaster is" he almost explodes when we walk in. He doesn't bother to let us think, "Snape! It was on the front page of the Daily Prophet.

I feel like I was hit in the face with something heavy. But, he killed Dumbledore! He's a Death Eater. I knew You-know-who had taken over the ministry, but Hogwarts has always felt untouchable.

"I'm sure there's been some mistake," said Luna. "Snape couldn't be headmaster when he's running from the Aurors."

But the Aurors are under ministry control, and the ministry is under You-know-who's control.

I sunk into my seat. This couldn't be happening. I couldn't hear my friends talking. It was as if someone had turned off the volume, and the only noise was my heart, pounding in my ears.

Suddenly it was back.

"We need to call the Order" Neville was saying. "They'll know what to do."
"They already know." I spoke for the first time since Neville told us. "Neville, you found this on the front page? All of England knows then." We sat in silence for awhile. "Well, we can't do anything till we get to Hogwarts," Luna said bracingly, "anyone want to play exploding snap?

***

Neville's POV
We played exploding snap for awhile, Ginny was just stacking particularly tough card, when the train shuddered to a halt. She dropped the card, and the whole stack exploded.

Bright sparks danced in front of my eyes, even after I looked away, so it took a moment to fully process what I was seeing.

Adults in masks swarmed onboard, showing students roughly out of the way.
"Search the train. Potter's got to be here somewhere." A gruff voice emitted from the mask.
Some screamed. A Death Eater opened the door to the compartment. I stared up into its mask. I could only see his cold gray eyes.
Unemotional, uncaring, cruel. I'd seen him before, I knew it, but I couldn't figure out who he was.
"What!" The Death Eater snapped at me.

Time slowed as it clicked. At the Department of Mysteries. He was the one who told Bellatrix Lestrange to Stun me. He'd pinned my arms, because I was trying to attack her.

Then she'd tortured me.

I wanted to attack him now, he deserved it. I knew my wand was behind me on the seat. If I grabbed it I could stun him quickly. I turned just slightly, but it wasn't there. It was in Ginny's hand as she stuffed it in her pocket. I turned back, and the man was gone.

Frustration made me reckless. I had to do something!

I stuck my head out the compartment and yelled, "hey idiots, he's not here!"
I went back inside the morning Luna and Ginny's shocked faces.

"Let's play more exploding snap." Luna finally says.
I wordlessly handed her my cards.

***

The train ride passed without another incident, for another half hour. Luna was making a difficult move that would complete her card sculpture of a Crumple Horned Snorklac.

She bit her lower lip as she carefully positioned the card.
"There!" She clapped a little in satisfaction.

The creature had one large horn that curved back toward its head. A second, very short horn adorned the tip of its nose, and the long tail had a small barb on the end. To top the whole thing off, Luna had transfigured the cards into large purple scales.

"I will need my cards back after your art projects finished." I informed her.
Ginny looked worried, like she didn't know what to expect when she did get her cards back.

"Mhhhm" Luna replied absently. She waved her wand and the scales turned back into cards and stacked themselves neatly on the seat, next to the discarded newspaper.

The cards were just settling down when our compartment door banged open again.

Michael Corner came in, followed by Seamus Finnigan, Terry Boot, Anthony Goldstein, Susan Bones, and Hannah Abbot.

I hadn't seen Hannah since last year. She was in Hufflepuff, and therefore almost always nice. However, her kindness was for everyone. It was very hard to tell if she was being nice because she was your friend, or because you were a human, with feelings she didn't want to hurt.
I found it rather frustrating sometimes.
Michael's gaze flicks to the discarded Daily Prophet.

" You heard then." His voice is curt. "What's the plan?" Terry interjects.
"We can't let Snape get away with this!" Susan exclaims.

"What do you want me to do about it?" I interject as I pace the compartment. The response is instantaneous.
"Start the DA again."

Great, so this is the first chapter. I hope it wasn't horrible, and if you want to make it better add CONSTRUCTIVE criticism

Here

Thanks for reading,
Aria