Chapter 15

Bri's POV

Nash and I got into his jeep, since he didn't want to take my car. We were driving with the windows down. It was great outside for being October(work with it!) Halloween is just two weeks away. It seems like forever since I've seen my parents. I'm so excited there coming home.

"So, you digging taco bell? Or nah?" Nash asked.

"That's fine. Or a cafe?" I asked.

"A cafe sounds nice." Nash said as he grabbed my hand.

"A tea and a bagel. That's all I'm hungry for."

We saw the cafe and Nash stopped the car and cut the engine. We got out and walked through the door in the cafe. We got sat down, and I got my tea and bagel. Nash got a bagel with lemonade. We ate our bagels, finished our drinks, a Nash and I both got out our wallets.

"I'm paying babe." Nash said.

"No."

"Yes."

"At least let me pay my half." I said as I pulled out a ten dollar bill and slid it across the counter to the cashier, intending to pay it all. Nash glared at me as I got my change back. We walked out to the car in silence. As we got in, Nash finally spoke up.

"It irritated me when you did that." He said frowning.

"I'm sorry. I just don't want you to waste all your money on me all the time, I can pay too! I don't want to feel helpless as if I can't support myself!"

"HAVE YOU EVER MAYBE THOUGHT YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT KIND OF A GESTURE!" Nash yelled at me.

I felt tears brimming in my eyes as Nash started the car and drove back to his house. As soon as we got there, I went inside the house, and got my keys from Nash's room, ran downstairs, and stepped out the door. Nash was standing there waiting for me by my car.

"Can you move?" I snapped.

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell like that. I, just don't want you to feel the need to pay. I'm here to support you. I'm here when you need me. I love you and I want to do small things like that for you."

"Can't we at least share doing that? I don't want you being the only one paying all the time."

"I guess, for now." He said with a smirk. He pulled me in for a tight hug.

"I'm sorry too." I muffled into his chest. We stood there and he loosened his grip. I looked up at him.

"Can I just go home now? It's 2 o'clock and my parents are going to be home around 5." I said.

"Yeah, let me get clothes, and then we'll go, okay?"

"Okay. I'll wait in my car." I said as he pulled away from the hug and went inside. I got in my car and waited about 10 minutes. He came out and hopped in the passenger seat.

"Sorry, my mom wanted to talk."

"It's okay." I said as I pulled out of the driveway and headed to my house.

I am driving thinking about Nash and I's argument. I just don't want Nash thinking he has to pay for everything. It's just a stupid couple argument. It was 2:30 when we pulled into the driveway. Nash and I got out, and I locked my car. Nash sat on the couch and watched TV. I went upstairs, showered, brushed my teeth, blow dried and straightened my hair. I put on mascara and eyeliner. Then I slipped on leggings, a tank top, and put on my favorite grey sweatshirt of Nash's. I put on black vans and black beanie. I wanted to look nice as a welcome home to my parents. I walked downstairs and put on water for pasta.