𝚘𝚗𝚎.

On the twelfth hour of the first day of October nineteen eighty-nine, forty-three women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer got eight of them.

Y/n Hargreeves was walking home from her favorite library. She crossed her arms over her long, beige coat, trying not to spill her newly bought coffee. Even for spring time, it was still cold. She shivered slightly before looking over a the newspaper stand. Walking over to it, she put her cup of coffee on the top of the case. She gabbed her wallet out of the inside pocket of her coat. Pulling out a few coins and inserting them into the slot, she opened the case and grabbed a newspaper. She didn't look at the headline before folding it up and putting it in her inside coat pocket. She grabbed her coffee and started sipping it while walking back to her apartment.

Her keys jingled as she put them on the hook next to her door. She set her coffee down, took out the newspaper and threw it on the couch as she took off her coat and put it on her coat rack. Untying her shoes and taking them off, she sat down on the couch. She started drinking some coffee as she unfolded the newspaper and read the headline.

City Says Goodbye to Reginald Hargreeves

Her eyes widened and she spit out her coffee. Wiping her mouth with the back of her hand and putting the cup down, she read through the article. Sighing, she put the newspaper down and leaned back on the couch. "Fuck," she mumbled before saying it louder and louder.

"Goddammit dad. What the hell? Heart attack? Your heart was fucking fine as it always has been," she started talking to herself as she got out a briefcase shaped suitcase and threw random things into it.

"God dad," she kept cursing him as she buckled the case and picked up her phone, getting an uber to pick her up in ten minutes. She made herself another cup of coffee for the drive home. She scoffed, texting her boss.

Sorry for the short notice, but I'm going to have to take off work for a week or two. Family troubles. You'll have to find a sub for me for a few days. I'll be back as soon as I can.

She sighed as her boss responded.

I saw the papers. I'm sorry, Hargreeves.

She sighed again, walking over to her windows and making sure they were all locked. Wouldn't want a rapists climbing to her floor, now would she?

Grabbing her stuff her phone buzzed, letting her know that her uber had arrived. Putting on her jacket, she grabbed her keys, walked out the door, locked it, and went outside.

She smiled politely at her uber driver while telling him where she needed to go. He nodded slowly, giving her a weird look as he started driving. She scoffed when he gave her the weird look, knowing exactly why he was looking at her the way he was.

"So, kid, uh do your parents know where you're going?" the driver asked, looking in the rear view mirror.

She glared at him in the mirror, her eyes glowing a slight red color before she smiled sweetly at him, "My mom's at home, and my dad just died last night." She bluntly said and she looked out the window.

When her eyes started glowing the man immediately looked away, before he gulped. "Also, I'm 29," she said. "Asshole," she muttered, making sure he couldn't hear her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You just uh- look- uh-" he stammered nervously.

"Like a teenager?" she asked, drinking her coffee. He nodded. She chuckled, "Yeah, I know. It's not fun. My brothers would make some snarky remark about it."