𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎.

"Y'know, I rumored my daughter," Allison blurted out.

Y/n had her chin rested on her hand. Her elbow was on the door and she was looking out the window. "What?" she asked quietly, looking at Allison.

The car sped up. Y/n sat up straight, "Allison what are you do-"

"I was stupid. It was a dumb reason to do it too. My husband- ex-husband- saw it. Then we got divorced, now he has custody of Claire."

The car continued to speed up. "Uh- I- Allison slow the car down! It's raining and the roads are wet. You're going over the speed limit. Al- Just- Allison slow down!"

Allison shook her head and let off the gas, causing the car to slow down. She looked at where they were and turned on her blinker, slowing down, and turning onto an old dirt road.

She continued to drive down the road. Y/n still sat up straight in fear that Allison would freak out. She looked around outside the car, taking in every detail.

They were surrounded by a whole forest of trees. It felt like a wonderful place to get kidnapped. Y/n shook her head, getting the thought out of her head.

"I was cheated on," she said out of the blue. She continued to look around like it was nothing.

"What?" Allison asked softly, turning to look at Y/n.

"You told me something about your tragic love life. So, why not tell you about mine?" She paused and shook her head scoffing, "I dated this girl for-"

"Wait you're-"

"Gay?"

Allison nodded.

Y/n laughed, "Not exactly, no. I like both men and women. But, I don't really put a label on it I guess. Too much work for me. I fought with myself enough when I found out I liked both." She paused, "I'm surprised you didn't know. After the paparazzi saw me on a date with a girl, they took a photo and 'interviewed' me as I was leaving. Though, they just kind of shouted at me. It was all over the news for like a week."

Allison nodded, "Okay."

"Anyways," Y/n started. "I dated this girl for like four years. We were about to go on a trip down to Hawaii. You know, one of those romantic getaway vacations? But, the day before we were supposed to go down there, I found out she cheated on me with this other girl. The girl knew about me too. And that makes it worse." She paused and sighed, "I was living with her at the time. But after I found out, I packed all my stuff and booked a hotel room. Stayed there for the night. That night I booked a plane ticket to Hawaii for the next day, using her credit card number no less. I went down there and had the time of my life. It was unbelievably fun. I came back here afterwards, but I couldn't stand it. So, I left. Moved into an apartment about two hours away from the academy."

"Wow," Allison said, dumbfounded.

"Yup."

"How'd you find out she cheated? If I can ask."

"Yeah, you're fine. I got off work early and she didn't know. Walked in on her and the girl."

Allison didn't say anything. She didn't know what to say.

"That's my tragic love story."

-

Allison stopped the car in front of an old wooden log cabin. The mailbox next to them had the name 'Jenkins' on it.

"Is this the place?" Allison asked, looking at it.

Y/n pointed at the mailbox, "Jenkins, must be."