𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎.

Five put down a cutting board and walked over to the fridge sighing, "What's the date?" He grabbed a bag of bread, "the exact date."

"The twenty-fourth," Vanya stated. Y/n sat down next to Vanya, shifting uncomfortably in her seat.

"Of what?" Five asked, walking back to the table while getting out two slices of bread.

"March," Y/n stated. "March twenty-fourth, twenty nineteen," she said the full date. Everyone glanced at her quickly. Five looked up at her and nodded in approval.

"Good," he breathed, moving his head to the side.

Luther looked at the others before looking back to Five, "So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?"

Five ignored him as he put the two slices of bread down next to each other.  Everyone looked at each other again, not sure what to do, or if they should do anything at all. Luther stood up, "It's been seventeen years."

Y/n cleared her throat and mumbled, "Sixteen years four months and fourteen days but okay."

Klaus stifled a laugh as Y/n received a glare from Luther.

"What? You've been keeping count or something?" Luther asked.

"Since day one."

Five ignored the others and stared at Luther, "It's been a lot longer than that." He took a step towards Luther and blinked to the cupboard behind Luther.

"I haven't missed that," Luther said bluntly. Y/n snickered, hiding her smile with the back of her hand.

"Where'd you go?" Diego asked. Y/n rolled her eyes at Diego as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Everyone else was still confused, causing Y/n to shake her head.

Five grabbed the marshmallows from the cupboard, "The future." He blinked back to the table, opening the marshmallows, "It sucks by the way." 

Klaus pointed his finger in the air, "Called it!" He smirked holding out his hand to Y/n who rolled her eyes and scoffed, cursing herself.

"Goddammit," she mumbled, searching for a ten dollar bill. When she found one she smacked it into Klaus's hand and he laughed.

"Victory!" he exclaimed. Y/n rolled her eyes and shook her head, laughing lightly.

Five stared at the scene before shaking his head, and walking over to the fridge again, opening it and grabbing the peanut butter. "Should've listened to the old man. Jumping through space is one thing. But time is a toss of the dice."

He set down the knife he had in his hand and looked up for a second. He looked at Klaus, "Nice dress." He looked down again, making his sandwich.

Klaus seemed to enjoy the compliment.

"Wait- How'd you get back?" Vanya asked, clearly confused.

"In the end I had to project consciousness forward in a suspended quantum-state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time," he explained.

The rest of the Hargreeves siblings looked at each other confused before Diego spoke up. "That makes no sense."

Y/n moved her eyes back and forth when Five was explaining. She had been trying to comprehend it all. She snapped her head up, "It makes perfect sense."

Five smirked and looked at Diego, "Well it would if you were smarter."

Diego stood up immediately, but Luther put an arm in front of him. "How long where you there?" Luther asked.