𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎.

Y/n was sitting on her bed reading a book that her father would've killed her if he knew about it. But when had that stopped her?

During extreme weather conditions, a climber must process the wisdom to determine when evacuation is inevitable.

She was almost done with the scene when Grace rang the bell for dinner. Y/n groaned, putting her bookmark in the book and grabbed the box from under her bed. She opened it, put the book in it, put the lid back on, and shoved it under her bed. Standing up, and brushing off her clothes, running downstairs with the others.

They all stood around the table waiting for Sir Reginald to enter the room.

A controlled alpine descent begins with the girding of one's loins and the anchoring of the climbing rope to one's enemy, the mountain.

Sir Reginald Hargreeves entered the room behind the children. He walked over to his chair, standing beside Grace.

The Dülfersitz rappel is the preferred method for descent when rope is the only available tool, but must be regarded as a last resort. Begin by looping the rope-

"Sit," Reginald said, sitting down. All of the kids immediately sat down.

A screen anchor must be used if the rope is to be successfully retrieved from the face of the mountain.

Everyone started to eat. Y/n took a couple bites before being done. Reginald normally would have yelled at her to eat more, but he was too distracted.

Allison and Luther, who sat across from each other, looking up and smiling to one another. Y/n rolled her eyes. Diego, who sat in between Y/n and Luther, started carving into his chair with a knife. Klaus, sitting in between Allison and Ben, started rolling a joint from under the table. Y/n gave him a pleading look, which he had no idea of.

One reason Y/n hated the old man. He knew about Klaus starting drugs at such a young age. Yet, he never said a fucking word. Y/n had so desperately tried to get Klaus to stop. But he replied with the "It's only a little bit. I won't do it anymore after this." Yeah, Klaus well look where you just got out of.

Ben hid his book under the table, reading it. Vanya sat quietly and ate her food. Y/n pulled out a needle that had ink already on it, and started to poke VIII into her arm from under the table. Eight in roman numerals. Five was staring at Sir Reginald.

It always annoyed Y/n how Reginald had put the two next to each other for literally anything and everything. They didn't like each other and they made that known to everyone in the family.

Tightly knot the ends of the rope. Once anchored, thread the doubled rope through the legs, front to back, and around the buttocks. It is of utmost importance that the rope be drawn under the gluteal muscles, not through the crevice between the gluteus. Proceed by holding the rope diagonally-

From beside Y/n, Five stabbed his knife into the table. Everyone jumped and flinched at the sudden movement. Y/n put the needle away and looked at Five from the side. Five gave a fake smile to Reginald, who looked at him concerned.

"Number Five?" he asked.

"I have a question," Five stated, looking at Reginald.

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during meal times. You are interrupting Herr Carlson," Reginald said matter-of-factly.

Five didn't listen, "I want to time travel." Y/n rolled her eyes.

"No," Reginald deadpanned.

Five rolled his eyes, "But I'm ready. I've been practicing my spatial jumps just like you said."