𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.

Sir Reginald Hargreeves opened up the car door and stepped outside of it, closing the door behind him. Everyone started cheering more as they saw him get out of the car.

Number One got out of the passenger side of the car right after Reginald.

The back door to the car opened. Number Six and Number Four stepped out, walking up to the doors of the academy. Number Two got out after them, following them up to the doors.

Number Three was on her way to the doors, following behind Number Two when her arm was grabbed and she was spun around.

Number Five got out of the car, followed by Number Eight. They both walked past Number two and stood on the steps with the other three.

"Hey!" Number Three exclaimed.

"Excuse me. I'm your biggest fan," the boy that grabbed her arm said to her.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Number One said, grabbing the kid's arm. He turned to Number One and let go of Number Two's arm. She looked towards the others and walked up to the doors. Number Eight and Number Five walked around the scene to the steps with the others.

"You're not supposed to be in here," Number One said.

Sir Reginald pointed to the people behind the barricade. "Get back behind the barricade!" he commanded, walking up to the kid.

"It's just, I was born on the same day as the academy kids. I think I'm like them. I must be. I haven't quite figured out what my power is, yet. But maybe with your help we can figure it out," the kid tried explaining.

Reginald leaned down so he was eye level with the kid. "You have no power. You never will have power. Now, go home," he said bluntly, pointing his stick towards the road.

The kid looked at him pleadingly, hoping for him to change his mind. "No, please. Just- I- You have to let me stay! I came all this way! Please don't make me go back!"

Reginald stood up straight and patted the kid's shoulder, "A little word of advice my boy. Not everyone in this world can be powerful. Chasing something unattained is a recipe for a lifetime of disappointment and resentment." He grabbed the kid's jacket and pushed him away, "Now get off my property!"

The crowd started laughing at the kid. Number Eight shook her head and started walking towards the boy when Reginald stood on the stairs with the others.

"Number Eight!" Reginald yelled after her. The crowd went silent as she ignored him and continued, stopping in front of the kid.

"Number Eight! What are you doing? Number Eight! Get back here!"

She put her hands on both of the kid's shoulders, causing Number Five to glare at the kid through i his mask. She smiled softly at him. "I'm sorry about that," she whispered.

He looked surprised.

"You got a name kid?" she asked.

"Ha-Harold J-Jenkins," the boy stammered.

"Nice to meet you Harold Jenkins. I'm Y/n Hargreeves. Named by my mother. To my father I'm Number Eight," she paused and glared at Reginald.

She turned back to Harold, "With that being said, I know that you want to be apart of this." She gestured to herself and then pointed behind her at the academy. "But trust me, it's not as amazing as meets the eye. When we're out here, we're a team. But in there," she pointed back to the academy again. "We're strangers that are just living under the same roof. We are all polar opposites and we all hate each other." She paused and sighed. "Look, I don't know your story, or what your home life is like, but I can assure you that there are many better places to go then here.