Prologue

It all started with a party. I was with Kaylee and Zane entered in the room in all his glory. That guy was hot! To be honest, I've been pining over him for the past 2 years. This is not your typical high school love story where the innocent sweet girl falls for the idiot player who happens to be the quarterback of the football team. I am not naive and I'm definitely not stupid. Zane was a great person with more muscles than brain but he was sweet. And you ask me how I know that, right? Well, it began last year when I volunteered in the tutoring center at school. Zane was having trouble with biology and I helped him, cause I'm kind of the smart kid. After that we hung out a few times as friends and I learned a lot about him. He volunteers in an animal shelter and is very proactive in fighting bullying.

Back to the story, Kaylee and I were at this raging party when Zane came in and took me to the kitchen to talk.

"Are you an interior decorator? Because when I saw you, the entire room became beautiful." He smiled.

I laughed. "Does that actually work?"

He pretended to be hurt. "Always." He leaned back. "Everything works when you're as hot as me." He smirked and winked.

"Try another one." I smiled.

"Are you religious? Because you're the answer to all my prayers."

"You're funny, Cavanaugh!" I grabbed a red cup and went to the living room.

"I actually meant what I said the other day." He said.

Okay, so the other day he's talking about was actually two days ago when he said he liked me. I freaked out and the reason I did is because, I know Nick doesn't like Zane because in third grade Zane glued Nick to his seat. In return, I cut Zane's ponytail. Don't judge me! No one messes with my homies. Now back to this sweet moment!

"I like you Zane. I really do but i don't know what to do."

He looked at me and kissed me. "Just let me be here for you."

I smiled. "I'm down with that."

After kissing Zane for the first time, I went looking for Kaylee and I found her talking to Nick.

"Hey loser!" I said smiling. "I thought you hated parties."

"And I do but I'm here as a scientist." He said.

"You do realize that we're in high school, right?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Science knows no age. I can make my breakthrough tonight for all you know." He answered.

Nick was a weird kid. Don't get me wrong, I loved him as my brother but he is a weirdo. All he likes is comics, drawing and making us feel dumb. Did I mention he has an eideting memory and pretty much Sheldon Cooper's IQ? Yeah, my best friend is a genius.

"Good luck with that, Einstein!" I smiled and left the room with Kaylee and Nick.

I turned to Kaylee and she started yelling. "Have you seen Axel? That bitch has been avoiding me."

"Maybe you shouldn't call him a bitch." I said.

"Does he bark during coitus?" Nick asked.

"What?" Kaylee's jaw dropped.

"A bitch is a female dog. Unless you're using that word as an insult." He paused. "Bitches be crazy!"

Kaylee and I burst into laughter. "You may be smart for some things, but you're so dumb in other areas." Kaylee patted his shoulder.

"What is so funny?" He asked.

Yup, those two were my best friends and I loved them. They were crazy and nice to me, but mostly crazy. Nick doesn't know what sarcasm is and Kaylee has a dysfunctional relationship with Axel. Me? I'm just your average teenage girl, but we're gonna get there.

Hey guys! This is my new story and I hope you like it. Just FYI, leave some ideas for the story in the comments and the best one will be featured in each chapter. I want you all to read, vote, comment and participate in this story because this is for me and for you, mostly. So yeah...