Chapter 33 - I Do... Again (Mature)

The next morning, I called a driver and we picked up all the girls and headed to The Raum. The weather was beyond perfect. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom and the temperature was a little warmer than average for April. The sky was perfectly blue and there were only a few wispy clouds hanging around.

Oli had taken to Tori right away, and they were chatting away in the back seat. Oli was almost 9 now and still just as adorable as when the fandom went nuts over her as a toddler. She could not stop talking about her Uncle Honey and Tori was soaking in every word.

EunJin brought my dress and planned to stay to help me in case there were any problems. I had let my girls choose their own dresses, but Nikki had taken control and made sure they were all similar and that the colors matched. They were scarlet red to match our roses. My bouquet was also made of red and white roses. The fragrant buds cascaded down the front of the cluster and were adorned with a spray of tiny pearl beads.

As we entered the bridal area, I stopped at the photograph of mom and dad and touched their faces. I wanted them to know that I was doing ok. I knew they would have loved Minhyuk and Mom would have doted on him like crazy. A wistful smile formed on my face and Nikki took my hand.

"They would be proud. You know that."

"Yes, I know. I just miss them so much. Some days it is worse than others, and today is one of those days."

"Come on, let's turn you into a princess... princess," we giggled at her use of Minhyuk's nickname for me. It was time to let the stylists work their magic. The room was a bit chaotic with all of us and all the stylists, but it was exciting. Nikki and I were giggling like schoolgirls and I felt giddy. Eventually we settled down enough that they could work on us. I let the stylist have free reign and she styled my hair in romantic loose curls and left it long in the back. She wrapped the front around a woven pearl headband. It was a very simple and elegant style. The earrings from Halmeoni completed the look.

A photographer and a videographer popped in and captured us getting ready. It felt a bit weird, but at the same time I was thankful it was all being captured. Kihyun stayed outside for this, since we were in dressing gowns and he was a gentleman.

I was actually getting a little nervous. We were legally married already, but this was different. This was a big deal and quite the production. I knew his friends and his parents' friends would judge him, and his parents, based off this event. It was sad, but a very real situation.

The hall was filled with roses and the scent was intoxicating. There were glass bulb lights and fairy lights hanging all around and gold accents in the decorations. It was very fairytale-like.

I stood in the three-way mirror and looked at the image before me. I almost did not recognize myself. It wasn't that my hair and makeup were all that different, it was that I had never imagined this for myself. I truly thought I would be alone... maybe with lots of cats. Seeing myself like this, in a real-life fairytale, was quite overwhelming. I took a deep breath and counted to ten.

I had asked Kihyun if he would also take some "behind the scenes" photos. There were multiple photographers in charge of the official photos and some video cameras around too, but I knew his would be amazing and more intimate than someone I did not know. It was just the two of us in the room at that moment as the rest of my girls were finishing up with getting dressed.

"Noona, you look stunning. Hyung is a lucky man."

"Thank you, Kihyun-ah. I feel beautiful today. This dress is amazing!" I lifted the lacey fabric of the skirt and spun around.

"It is not the dress. You are glowing. I really feel that you two were meant to be together. I have seen a change in Minhyuk since you came here... a good change. He is more calm and settled... more mature. He is ready to be a husband... and father." He cocked his head to the side and smiled. "I know you plan to adopt soon. He is very excited about that."