Chapter 26 - Hiatus (Yep, this one is mature too)

The first snow of the season came the next day. We were walking when it started and Minhyuk stopped and held out his hand to catch the huge flakes.

"You know, if you are with the person you like when the snow first comes, you will find true love together." He wiped a snowflake from my cheek and continued, "and if you are with the person you love, you will be together forever. I am with the person I love. Do you think you can put up with me forever?" he looked into my eyes, right into my soul with those perfect chocolate eyes. I felt my insides turn to jelly.

"Yes," I nodded. "Yes, I can." He smiled and kissed me. He took my hand in his and slipped it into his pocket as we walked.

The end of the year was a busy time with so many member birthdays, award shows, holidays, and their regular schedules. We celebrated Kihyun's birthday with another party and more cake. Next, we observed American Thanksgiving together at Halmeoni's house. It was their first and I wanted it to be a special memory for everyone. Finding a whole turkey and all the traditional trimmings was difficult, so I did the best I could and faked it the rest of the way. The point was being with those you love, not the actual food. I taught Kihyun how to make some of my favorite foods and we blended the two cuisines for a stellar dinner.

The boys performed at MAMA and a couple of other big shows. I was able to attend all of them and got to watch from backstage. My fangirl heart was filled and Minhyuk laughed at me when I giggled uncontrollably.

It snowed on Christmas. That was the first white Christmas I had seen since I was a kid. It did not snow much in Atlanta and when it did, it was usually in January or February. And then it melted so quickly that we just had ice when it refroze. The guys had been really busy the past few weeks, recording their Christmas single, making a video for it, filming for holiday show, and taking turns guesting on Minhyuk's show. Everyone was more than ready for the hiatus. They had all made their plans and Minhyuk still would not tell me where we were going.

I called Nikki and the kids and we video chatted while the kids opened their gifts from me. I had sent them a few weeks ago. They each got bonus gifts, signed Goms from their favorite members. Bobby loved Joohoney and Tori was crazy about Wonho. And of course, I sent Nikki a special Danygom that she could snuggle with at night. A little subtle encouragement on my part.

Nikki caught me up on everything back home. Simon had bonded with Tori and rarely left her side. He slept with her, he snuggled with her, he followed her around like a puppy (don't tell him I compared him to a dog!). He didn't even do that with me. Tori was crazy about him too. Nikki said that Simon even let her trim his claws. He never let me do that. I always had to take him to the vet for nail trims. I missed him, but I was also happy that they had become so close and he was happy. It was going to be very difficult on him to come here and I was beginning to question if that was the right move.

Nikki still wasn't very chatty about the trip and I knew something was going on. She would normally be bugging me to death about it, but she wasn't. I got the impression it had something to do with Changkyun but could not be sure. Usually when she got tight-lipped like this it was because of a man. Nikki dated occasionally, but never for very long. Since her husband had died a few years ago, she had not wanted to get too close to any man. Kyunnie was the first one to make her googly-eyed though. I was doing ok with the age difference, but I knew it would be a challenge for her since she had kids. Time will tell.

They were finally officially on hiatus, and I was more than ready. Minhyuk called and said he was sending a car to Halmeoni's for me. He was waiting inside when the driver opened the door for me. He teased me all the way to the airport because I kept begging him to tell me where we were going. He had the tickets in his wallet and would not let me see them. I knew it was someplace warm because of the clothes he told me I needed to pack, but that is all he revealed.