Chapter 37 - Kihyun's Big Plan

The events in this chapter have been in my story plan since I started writing it. They are in no way related to anything currently going on in the K-Pop world. This storyline was inspired by what happened to Wonho. This is my wish for the boys.

~~~

I awoke in Minhyuk's arms, just like every morning. It was a feeling I cannot describe. Contentment, joy, safety, warmth, home, happiness... all those combined could not do it justice. The morning light was trying to invade our room and take us away from this precious time. He was still asleep and I just lay still, looking at him. I had memorized these perfect features long ago, but up close and in person, they were even more magnificent. A stray sunbeam illuminated the blue tint in his black hair. His eyelashes lightly kissed his cheeks, ready to flutter open any moment revealing those gorgeous brown eyes. He says they are too dark, but I think they are the most beautiful eyes in the world. I get lost in them every time he looks at me. I studied the shape of his ear. I love the way it kind of angles toward his face instead of dropping down like average ears... I followed his sharp jawline to his famous Adam's Apple and the tiny mole on the side of it. I smiled as I had to restrain myself from reaching out to touch it.

As if he could feel me watching him, he tightened his arm and pulled me closer. He nuzzled his face into my hair and moaned softly as he began to awaken. I nestled in closer to him and wrapped my arm around his chest. Neither of us spoke yet, we simply held each other. He turned to me and draped his leg over me, pulling me completely into his embrace. Neither of us had to be anywhere for a while, surprisingly, so we just held each other and dozed back off.

When we finally did get up, we went for a short walk and stopped in a café for coffee. The craziness of our life was pushed to the side for just a short while and we enjoyed some rare free time. We encountered some Monbebes, which was expected, and they giggled and swooned when they saw him. Minhyuk gave them finger hearts and they gave them back. They went on their way, walking on air. I just smiled because I knew that feeling. I feel that feeling every day now. He turned back to me and caught me with what I assume was a silly smile on my face. He grinned and asked me what I was thinking.

"Oh, just about how I understand how those girls feel."

"What do you mean?"

"You really have no clue, do you?" I realized that as much as he knows how to feed Monbebes well and flirt with them, he does not really understand the effect those things have on us. "When Monbebes see you, or the other members, and you acknowledge us or do something like what you just did, or pass out flowers from your awards show, or even just smile at them... it is so hard to describe the feeling." I thought for a moment how to explain it in a way he would really understand. "Remember how you felt when Junsu was on your show a few years ago?" he nodded, "well it is sort of like that. You create a connection that your fan feels down to their toes."

"I never really thought about it that way. I guess it makes sense though."

"Seeing you in person and getting attention from you directly is different than seeing you online or in fancafe or Universe. Those girls will never forget that." He reached over and touched my cheek.

"Thank you, Sunny-ah. I love how you show me a new perspective on things. I love you."

"I love you too, Minmin," I smiled into his hand and kissed his palm.

Sadly, our free time was ending, and it was time to get back to work. He had a group meeting at the dorm before practice. He said he would finally be able to tell me about the thing Kihyun had been working on... the thing he had been holding close to his chest for months... the thing I had tried many a time to get out of him, but no amount of aegyo, pouting, or kissing would make him budge. He seemed a little nervous, but excited. That made me nervous and excited. But the wait was almost over.