Chapter 28 - Whirlwind

We spent the rest of the week with his family. His mother showed me photo albums and scrapbooks of Minhyuk growing up. She told me stories and let me see a bit of what made him the man he had become. Some of her stories made him get shy, but I loved hearing every word. He was such a devoted son and dedicated to his career at the same time. Spending this time together made me fall even deeper in love with him.

Honestly, I never thought I would be getting married again. Jackass kinda ruined that whole experience for me. I knew it would be different with Minhyuk though. He was a good man... a kind, decent, genuine, and honorable man. The fact that he was handsome, talented, and crazy about me was icing on the proverbial cake.

At the end of the week, we headed back home without Hyungwon. He was staying with his family for the last few days of hiatus. Minhyuk probably would have, but we needed to get some things done while he was free. On the ride home, I looked at apartment listings and read them to him. We selected a couple of places to check out and I called to set up the viewing appointments. One was only a couple of miles from the dorms and the other was almost next door. The prices were insane, but anything decent in that area was going to be. We decided it made more sense for me to stay with Halmeoni until we found an apartment to find one of my own.

The first thing we needed to do was secure the venue and this meant picking a date. Minhyuk's schedule would have a lot of influence on this, so we would have to work with the company to nail one down. Then there was the guest list. It would pretty much be his people. Between the people his parents would invite and all Min's celebrity friends, it would be a large event. Nikki, the kids, SeoYeon, and Jisung and his wife Janie, were all I had to contribute. And Halmeoni, of course, but she was for both of us.

There was a lot of paperwork to handle. I had to go the US embassy and get an Affidavit of Eligibility for Marriage before we could register our marriage. We needed to order invitations... after we picked a date and venue! Western or traditional Korean... which way would we go? I also told him that I wanted to take his name, which is not traditional in Korea, but it is in the US. We talked about these things while he drove. He asked me which style of ceremony I wanted.

"Well, I was kinda hoping for Western style. Every girl has her dream dress and imagines how her groom will look at her when he first sees her," I dropped my eyes shyly. "But I also want you to have what you want. If you want a traditional Korean wedding, then I would love that too. You look so incredibly handsome in a tux. But you also look incredibly handsome in a Hanbok, so either is a winner," I was rambling. He just laughed at me.

"My dream wedding is the one with you as my bride," he looked over at me quickly and winked. That shut down my rambling and made my heart flutter. I leaned over and kissed his cheek. He smiled at me and said that the wedding was just the public expression of our union, so it did not matter. What mattered was being together.

"What did I ever do to deserve you?" I asked, my voice full of emotion.

"Maybe you saved a country?" we laughed. We were almost back to the dorms. Since the other members were still off with their families, we had the place to ourselves for the rest of the week. After that, I would go back to Halmeoni's temporarily.

After Minhyuk talked with the company, we decided on mid-April for the wedding. It was only a couple of months away, but it was also the only time Minhyuk would be able to get another break. They were preparing for another comeback and it was almost their debut anniversary so there would be fan events, variety shows, and concerts happening.

We started the guest list and then turned it over to his parents. They would have people to invite. Since time was short, I had to find a dress ASAP. I had a basic idea of what I wanted, okay maybe a little more than a basic idea. Minhyuk arranged for me to meet with their stylist who had many connections. She made a couple of calls and got me an appointment the next week with an elite bridal boutique that had a waiting list of several months. Most brides rent their dress, just like the groom rents a tux, but that wasn't what I wanted for my fairytale.