Chapter 38 - Melody

The next week, Melody arrived along with a flurry of media activity. The company sent a driver to pick her up from the airport and bring her to the building for whatever official business they had to handle with her about the OST release. Minhyuk was excited to meet her. He loved her music and her voice. He hadn't watched her movies and didn't follow her on social media, so he did not know that much about her personal life.

As he predicted, the company had arranged a neutral location for their meeting. Since she had requested a tour of Honey's studio and the company was willing to give her pretty much anything she wanted, they set that up as well. And until the end of the tour, the were still obligated to comply.

He told me about it that night while we ate dinner, which was a rare occurrence lately. He said how nice she was and how she had complimented his singing. She loved the song and knew it was going to be a hit both here and in the US. He wasn't starstruck, but he was flattered at her praises. His confidence in his talent and skill had grown dramatically in the past few years and it showed in his singing and performances. A few years ago, he would have handled this much differently, I think. Now, he accepted it and moved on.

He said that she would be coming to the dorm the next day. Their schedule was a bit tight, so finding time for her was difficult, but the company made them do it anyway. He asked if I would mind entertaining her here if they were late getting back, which he suspected would be the case. I jumped at the opportunity and he smiled at me. He knew that I missed my friends and having another female around would be fun.

I made chocolate chip cookies the next morning after he left and I got myself ready, hoping they would make her feel at home. Security called up that she had arrived. She was right on time... 1:30. I had a pot and cups ready for tea. I heated water and filled the pot while she was riding up on the elevator. I met her at the door, and we introduced ourselves. I stepped to the side and motioned for her to come in. I pointed out the area for her shoes and gave her a pair of guest slippers. She raised her head and sniffed the air, "is that cookies I smell?"

I giggled, "yes! I made chocolate chip cookies earlier. Would you like some?"

"Oh, I would love some! I shouldn't, but my manager isn't here to stop me," she laughed.

I motioned for her to follow me inside. I brought a tray with the tea and cookies and sat it on the coffee table. I sat down and poured the tea. We chatted for a few minutes as we munched on our treats. I had thought about taking her outside on the patio, but it was already getting hot.

Melody was average height with voluptuous curves and her trendy outfit accentuated them well. Her gorgeous auburn hair fell down her back in soft waves. Her large eyes were a deep green and her lips were full and red. Her features were striking on their own, but her voice was angelic. I felt a bit intimidated sitting near her. Those looks had been the downfall of at least 2 of her costars. She ended up in relationships with them while they were still married. She always broke up with them after they got divorced though. I really did not want to talk about that, so I just answered her questions instead of asking my own.

"So, it was basically love at first sight then? Then you guys were brought together by the universe. And now you are married." I nodded my head. "It sounds like a romance novel," she chuckled as she wrapped perfectly manicured fingers around her cup.

"Yeah, I suppose it does. It really feels like it sometimes. It doesn't feel real, but at the same time it is the most real thing I have ever known. I can't imagine being without him. He was a huge part of my life before I ever even met him, which sounds so cheesy, I know, but he really was the bright light in my darkness." I smiled and stopped myself. I wasn't ready to share too much. I took a sip of my tea and redirected the topic, "I am happy to give any guidance or answer any questions about dating a Korean, if it would help your character." I smiled at the actress.