Chapter 58 - Interview

As much as I had enjoyed our honeymoon in Norway, I was excited to see Nikki and the kids. Plus, we had our first couple's interview waiting for us with a local Korean newspaper. Apparently, we were pretty popular with the Korean community back in the states.

Minhyuk hired a car to drive us since he didn't have a license here and mine had expired. Nikki would take care of me while Min was at his meetings. On the way, Min texted the guys to let them know we had arrived. Wonho held Sherman up next to his face and let me talk to him. I hated to leave him so soon after getting him, but I knew he was in very good hands.

He made the most adorable little talky sounds and kept licking Wonho's face while I talked to him. He seemed to be adjusting quite well. We hadn't had him long, but I was already very attached. He was a good puppy and his "potty training" was going well. I wanted to get back to him and have puppy snuggles, but we still had a few days to go.

We had a day to spend with Nikki and the kids while we adjusted to the time difference. We didn't do anything exciting. We just hung around Nikki's house, watched movies, ate well, and rested. I napped a lot. I was much more tired than I expected to be, but I had been going at full speed prior to the trip and now I had jetlag. It was to be expected.

The next day we met with Korean American reporter, Tamara Jun. She was very sweet and told us she was a Monbebe. She said she was honored to get to speak with us. I was surprised that I felt comfortable. I thought I would feel defensive and shut off, but Tamara put me at ease.

We met her at our hotel bar, where there were semi-private booths. We ordered coffee and got settled in. She came alone, without a photographer. She asked if she could take a photo of us for the article and we agreed. Min pulled me close and pressed his cheek to mine. Our smiles were genuine, and she seemed very pleased with her shot.

"Thank you both for meeting and sharing your precious time with me," she started. "Before we begin, I wanted to let you know how much I admire you two. This is off the record, of course. I think you have set the romance bar very high... maybe too high for the rest of us," she said with a chuckle.

Min tucked his head shyly and smiled. I kissed his cheek and thanked him for making me the luckiest girl in the world. We turned our attention back to the interview.

"OK, here we go. From this point we are on the record." She had asked earlier if she could record our conversation to ensure accuracy. She started the recorder. "We obviously know you met when Sunny won a Monsta X contest, but there are rumors you two may have met prior to that. Is that something you two are willing to share or is that too private?"

Minhyuk looked at me and squeezed my hand, "I think we can share that." He smiled at me and turned back to Tamara. "I met Sunny at a High-Touch/Send-Off event, here in Atlanta a few years ago. We didn't get any extra time, and she had no special privileges, if that is what you are thinking. It was just as quick as every other fan that night. But somehow, I felt an immediate and strong connection to her. I couldn't stop thinking about her. I searched every crowd for her after that. I saw her face every night in my dreams. I never gave up, and finally we were reunited." Another squeeze of my hand and that sweet smile. He added, "the guys didn't believe me when I told them it was her that won the contest. They lost that bet." He grinned and winked at me. Tamara had no idea of the inside joke there.

"You are such an adorable couple," she commented softly. "Now a question for Sunny. What annoying habit did you find out that Minhyuk has after you married and began living in the same house?"

I thought for a moment, and the only thing I could come up with was, "he is a workaholic." Min looked at me with a pout. I smiled and continued while looking at him, "he demands so much of himself and gives everything he has to Monbebe." He smiled again and I looked back to the interviewer. "He is either hosting, practicing, performing, or prepping. I am hopeful they will get to slow down after they get the company up and running... or at least a leveling off. He does spend as much time with me as he can though. I never feel neglected."