Chapter 21 - Comeback

Their comeback was amazing. The title song was powerful, and their choreography was intense as always. The entire album was strong, melodic, and haunting. One of the B tracks was a ballad with Minhyuk as the main vocal. It was a love song that he had written for me. He talked about it in interviews and when they made guest appearances. Monbebes were loving it.

They won every week on the music shows and their album reached all-kill in Korea. They were on fire and I was the proudest Monbebe/Minbebe of all. I texted him after every performance to congratulate him with a selca. I placed a kiss sticker starting on my face and going slightly lower each time. When it got to the edge of my bra, he told me to be careful about teasing him unless I was prepared to make good on it soon. I replied that I was ready and waiting.

Show promotions continued for several weeks because they kept winning. Now they had to do their American TV appearances and a few photoshoots and interviews for magazines to keep Monbebes well-fed while they were on hiatus. I had 2 more weeks to go until I would be in Minhyuk's arms again. The ache of missing him was almost too much to bear. I needed him like I needed oxygen. I snuggled in with my Minggoms and watched the latest Monsta X variety show episode. Watching Minhyuk made the ache better and worse at the same time. He made me laugh with his overexcited self and his savagery with the members. I loved that side of him so much. He was much more complicated than people could see. I was truly privileged to see both sides.

When Minhyuk had sent the tickets weeks ago, I told Jisung I would be taking a couple of days off. I rarely took time off and the trip to Korea was the first vacation I had ever taken. Nikki and I went shopping for cute outfits and I picked up a few little things at the lingerie store. I had bought some new pretty things after I lost weight, nothing with a specific purpose in mind though. It was because nothing fit anymore, and I wanted to fell pretty again. I picked out a pink teddy, a gorgeous ocean blue bra and panties set, and a very lacy and sexy barely-there red bra and panties set, because red is his favorite color.

Pleased with my selections, I showed Nikki and she tried to do a wolf whistle but it just came out sounding like a bazooka. We laughed so hard that we cried. People in the store were looking at us and shaking their heads. We sounded like 2 high schoolers. We got through the check out and headed on to get out concert outfits. I had ordered matching cold-shoulder tops one that said Minbebe #1 and the other just Monbebe, but we needed things to go with them. I chose a red denim mini skirt and cute comfy sneakers. Nikki found some jeans that were like a second skin, but they were stretchy and she could breathe in them. She said she was tired of mom jeans and wanted to look hot for once, especially since she was meeting the boys.

Minhyuk texted me that they were landing early the next morning and would be at the studio by11 AM. They had to do soundcheck and then get ready for the taping. I had my overnight bag ready to go. I took a couple of dresses that travel well and a couple of t-shirts and shorts. And of course, my new lingerie. Nikki was going with me and would Uber back home afterward.

We arrived at the hotel and I asked for the manager, as I was told to do. He personally escorted us to the room and gave me a key. Minhyuk's slippers were by the door and there was a pink pair for me, and a 3rd pair for Nikki. I smiled when I thought about how he picked out the pink ones just for me. I took a photo and texted him with a heart. Nikki and I freshened up and went to the hotel restaurant for a light lunch. There were several Monbebes in the lobby wearing their Monsta X t-shirts. Nik and I decided to order room service instead so I would not be spotted. Seeing me would confirm to them that this was the right hotel. We turned and walked quickly to the elevators. I wasn't used to the celebrity life and almost got us in trouble.

We ate our room service lunch and then changed our clothes. Minhyuk texted me that the car was on the way and the manager would make sure we got to it safely. I was so excited to see him that I was bouncing waiting on the elevator. Nikki laughed at me, "what are you, 13?"