Chapter 50 - Adventures In Atlanta (Mature)

Manager Seo had taken care of checking them into the hotel while we were at the competition. He held on to Kyun's key since he had stayed with Nikki. Thankfully, the boys had not been tailed to her house by fans... that we knew of, anyway. That was something we had been concerned about. Nikki's privacy could be gone in a flash if they were discovered there. But they were adults and both aware of the potential consequences.

The next morning, we met in the lobby to go for breakfast before our day filled with adventure... planned by a 13-year-old. Changkyun was there, as if he had never been missing. Nikki and the kids were meeting us to tour the World of Coke and the Georgia Aquarium. Tori knew they would need to rest, so she kept the activities minimal. She chose with Minhyuk in mind. He loves Coke and whales. They didn't have whales at the Aquarium, but it was the best we could do inland.

Minhyuk was having a great time as Tori lead the way, showing everyone all the things. Seeing Kyun and the others goof around with the kids, acting silly, getting excited, eating junk... it was great. Minhyuk was going to be such a great father. Kyun will be too... someday. I was hesitant to think about him with Tori and Bobby. I didn't want to put that kind of pressure on him, even if it was just in my imagination. But if things went that way, no one would be disappointed.

Minhyuk considered them to be his niece and nephew. Kyunnie had also bonded with them, more than I realized. Minhyuk had told me how Bobby would call Kyun for man-to-man advice sometimes. I got very emotional over that. Since Robert had passed, Nikki had taken on the roles of both mother and father. He missed that interaction, but now he had 7 amazing role models. He and Kyun had gotten close over the past few months.

It was hard keeping a low profile when people kept spotting you and pointing, or even coming up and asking for a photo together or an autograph. This is something the guys have to deal with regularly and it only got worse as they became more well-known. Even so, it was still a fun, exhausting day. At least they were enjoying themselves. Besides, not one of them could say no to Tori.

We went for Korean BBQ that night since the boys were missing home. This was a concept with which I was very familiar. The place we went was close to my old apartment in Koreatown. It was not one of the Americanized "chain" type places, it was more authentic, and the food was insanely delicious. SeoYeon joined us after her night shift workers came in. She knew the owners and they gave us a special table which was a little more private. They asked the guys to take a picture and sign their wall which had other celebrities on it.

After we ate, we went to a karaoke place nearby. We ordered Soju, well they ordered Soju. I was still recovering from the last time. Tori, Bobby, and I were quite happy with our bubble tea. We sang, we laughed, and we relaxed. It was good for them to blow off some steam. They had been going non-stop for months. It was their last day off before finishing the tour and they were going to take advantage of that.

It may have been a day off for Monsta X, but it was not for X-Ray Ent. After lunch, the guys all met in Shownu's room for about 3 hours. I hung out with Nikki and the kids at the hotel pool. When they were finished, we went out for dinner together. Nikki and Changkyun were so cute now that they didn't have to hide from the kids, while we were in private of course. It was not time to let the fandom know.

Later that night when we got back to our room, I was eager to shut out the rest of the world and be in Minhyuk's arms again. This was where I had longed to be for 2 months. He put his finger under my chin and lifted my face. He brushed his thumb across my lips, "I missed you so much," he said as he lowered his head. Our lips met and it was like the first time again. It never got old. Every time he kissed me was like the first time in the alley. With every touch I felt those familiar butterflies in my stomach. I reached up and put my hand on his neck and tangled my fingers in his hair. He had lightened it to sandy brown for the tour, my favorite color on him next to his natural black.