Chapter 41 - Never Enough Time (Mature)

A couple of days later, Melody called and asked if we could have dinner. I agreed, reluctantly, and then she asked if we could eat at my apartment. She said she felt more at home there than in a restaurant and that she would take care of the food. I hesitated, and she asked if she was imposing. While she really was, I something nagged at me to agree, so I told her to come on over. I mentioned that the guys would be by for a very short time before they had to go to their next thing. I had hoped to get a little time alone with Minhyuk between his schedules, but that did not look like it would happen.

She seemed to need the companionship and I was available, and also was not the type of person to turn away in that situation. I was still unsure about this friendship, but I was willing to give it a try. I did not see us becoming close like I was with Nikki or SeoYeon, but I would still give her a chance.

She arrived around 4:30 and she brought two assistants and a cart full of food containers. They donned shoe coverings and quietly sat the food on the kitchen island. They unpackaged it quickly and scurried away with a bow. Melody opened her hands in front of the spread and said, "I wasn't sure exactly what everyone would like, so I got a variety. There's plenty for everyone."

"Oh wow, that is enough for them and the Korean army!" My eyes were huge as they took in the amount of food that had been inside those containers. "The guys will be ere any time now. They will have to eat and run because they have another schedule tonight."

"Well, they can feast when they arrive." She smiled and I smiled back. It was very generous, but a bit over the top. I texted Minhyuk and let him know there was a buffet on our buffet. He sent back a laughing emoji and said the guys were cheering.

"Well, you just made 7 men very happy. They are on their way. This was very generous of you. Thank you."

"It was nothing, really. You guys have made me feel welcome and I made a new friend. This was the least I could do to show my appreciation. And that concert was unlike anything I have experienced before." She grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. I was tense at first, but she did not let go. I relaxed into the hug and wrapped my arms around her in return. "Really Sunny, thank you. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you." She squeezed tighter and then let me go.

The door chimed as it opened, and my family walked through with huge smiles on their faces.

"Just in time!" I exclaimed.

"Oh wow! That looks amazing!" Of course, Shownu was the first to comment on the abundance of food as his face lit up. "Thank you, Melody-shi." They all said this in turn as they dug in.

Minhyuk's first order of business was to hug me and give me a very big and sexy kiss, right in front of our guest. That took me by surprise as he was generally more reserved when we were not alone. I returned the kiss with just as much enthusiasm, regardless. He winked at me as he went over to get his dinner.

"Um, that was hot. I am sorry to intrude on an intimate moment, but I was sort of right here," the singer laughed. My cheeks heated and I apologized for the public display.

"He generally saves that for when we are alone."

"Don't apologize, please! That was better than any movie kiss I have ever seen or been a part of. It was downright... inspiring," she winked. "I feel like maybe you two had other plans for this little break? I am sorry I trespassed on your time." I blushed a bit more because it was true. Before I could respond, Kihyun called to us to come eat.

We had a nice, if rushed, dinner and then Melody's manager called. She had to leave earlier than planned. She hugged me and then each member in turn as she said her goodbyes. "Call me any time! Au revoir, mon frère!" she lilted in a perfect French accent as she made her exit. I felt myself exhale and relax against the island. "That woman is exhausting," I said quietly.