Chapter 42 - Miss You (Mature)

I puton a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and put my hair up, then went to put away the foodand clean up. The guys had decimated the smorgasbord and there was hardly anything left. I finished cleaning up and checked the time. It was just after 5, which meant Nikki was up. I picked up my phone and started a video call. She picked up and I could tell she had just gotten up, but she was smiling.

"Good morning, beautiful," I teased.

"Good evening, person I miss!" she laughed. "Hmm, either you just worked out, or you just worked out." She sipped her coffee with one eyebrow raised.

I felt my cheeks heating up, "it's okay, I am married." I winked at her.

"So, things are good?" I nodded.

"Good yes, but he is so busy right now I hardly see him. It gets really frustrating at times, but I try not to let him see that it bothers me. I came in to this fully aware that I would be mistress to his career. But we had a few minutes tonight and totally took advantage of the situation."

"Good for you. Take it when you can get it!" She paused, "has, um... has Changkyun said anything about me?" she twisted her sleep-tousled locks around her finger and sipped her coffee.

"I have barely seen him lately. But I am sure he thinks about you. Min said he sulks more lately than he did before. Maybe it is because he misses you. You guys talk a lot, don't you?"

"Well, yeah... we do... a lot... but I just wondered... you know." Nikki had turned into a teenager right before my eyes.

"Girl, you got it bad!"

"Ah, I know! How did you do this? I admit I did not fully understand what you were going through when you came home. I sincerely apologize. And he and I are not even close to where you guys were at that time."

"Where exactly are you guys?" my curiosity was peaked.

"That is an excellent question," she laughed and took another sip of her coffee. "I have absolutely no clue. We like each other, a lot... I think, but we haven't really talked about it. I don't think either of us expected it to go anywhere in the beginning."

"Maybe you should just ask him. He appreciates honesty and openness."

"I suppose I could do that... but then it will be all awkward and weird if he doesn't answer or if he says something I don't want to hear."

"Or... it could go the opposite direction and be exactly what you want to hear. Which is...?"

"I don't know that either. Oh Sunny, I am so lost. These feelings are foreign to me. I can't make sense of anything. I miss him like crazy, I think about him All. The. Time. When I think about those few days in Korea... well, I get flustered. But I have to wonder if it is just infatuation."

"Why do you think that?"

"Well, Changkyun is the first man to make me feel anything since Robert died. He is the first to make me want to feel anything. And that scares me that it is kinda like the rebound boyfriend type of situation and you know how that usually ends up."

"Yeah, I guess it makes sense. But it has been five years, and you have dated in that time, so he really isn't a 'rebound' guy. You just need time to see where the feelings land. Maybe being apart is good. That way you can sort it out before you see him again. But you said boyfriend." I giggled.

"Hmm, so I did. Anyway, I hope you get to come for the show. It won't be the same without you. I need someone to fangirl with." She deftly changed the subject.