Chapter 52 - Premier (Mature)

I was a nervous wreck the day of the premier. Min was cool as a cucumber, pardon the expression. He was used to things like this, but it was still new for me. He said he was nervous too, but he didn't show it. He was excited for sure, but he didn't seem nervous. This was his first premier too, he reminded me.

I had gone to Melody's earlier and we got our hair and makeup done. Her stylists came to her, instead of us going to them. Melody had a dressing room for this in her house. She said she preferred the privacy, and she paid them well enough that they didn't mind coming to her.

There was an entire team devoted to just the two of us. They were buzzing around like it was a studio full of clients, and it was a bit distracting. I wasn't really liking where the makeup artist was going with my face, but I waited to see if she would soften it up after she got further along. I realized that she was not going to do that, and I politely told her I did not like it and asked her to redo it. She put so much eyeshadow and mascara on my eyes, that I felt like my face gained 10 pounds. She said that was how everyone wants it these days, and I told her that I am not everyone. I am me, and I don't like it. I told her that I do not wish to look my age, and all that makeup made me look much older. She was not very happy with me and gave me quite the attitude after that. Melody just laughed at the whole exchange.

I was very happy with my hair though. I really like the classic look of the old Hollywood era, so I asked for that style. It suits me and it doesn't require much attention throughout the night. I ended up redoing my own makeup when I got home. Even after she "fixed" it, it was still cakey and gross. But now I looked more like myself, just more glamorous.

I stepped into my gown and turned my back to Minhyuk so that he could fasten the tiny closure at the neck and zip the low zipper up over my curves. I pulled my hair over to one side to give him easy access. He made sure to make as much contact as possible as he did both, kissing my bare back and shoulders along the way. He made it very hard to keep my hands off him. I leaned back against him, and he wrapped his arms around my waist. We stood facing the mirror and he started kissing my exposed neck.

A small moan escaped my lips as the butterflies started. He rested his chin on my shoulder and told me how beautiful I looked, and he was sure he was going to have to fight the men off me later. I smiled at him and told him they would not even get close enough for that. Then I reminded him how incredibly sexy and handsome he looked in his tux. He smiled that shy smile of his and made my heart melt.

A knock on the door brought us back to reality. Min went to let the guys in while I grabbed my wrap and clutch. When I stepped into the main area of the room, I heard "wow", "omo", and other exclamations. My cheeks flushed and a thanked them. I appreciated the confidence booster. Min stood proudly by my side.

When we pulled up to the red carpet, I could see all the paparazzi through the tinted glass. It was like a sea of strobe lights. I saw a lot of Monbebes as well. Seeing them made me feel a little more comfortable. The door opened and I instinctively pulled back, away from the flashing lights and people clamoring to get a look at who had arrived. Min put his hand on my back and smiled. That was all I needed. I took a deep breath and extended my hand to the man who had opened the car door. My dress slid open to mid-thigh, as it was meant to do, when I extended my leg. My shoe caught the lights and it sparkled like crazy. Suddenly I did feel like Cinderella. I couldn't help but notice how long and sexy my leg looked at that moment. It made me giggle to myself, which helped put me a little more at ease. I heard Min whisper something sexy when he saw.

The flashes would have been blinding if it had not still been a little light outside. I stepped forward and turned back as Minhyuk and the rest of Monsta X exited the car. I took Min's arm on one side, and Changkyun's on the other. We walked forward and the others followed. They all waved at the cameras and the fans, but my arms were firmly locked around two handsome men, so I just nodded and smiled at them as we moved forward. I was thankful for the support. It was Kyun's idea to help me manage my fear of falling on my face.