Chapter 20 - Encounter

Minhyuk made his first appearance on social media in several weeks and Monbebes went wild. They were behaving and starting to show support for him and for us. The international fans were more supportive than Korean Monbebes, as expected. I wasn't worried about them right now. I knew now that we can get through all of this. My baby was coming to see me soon and I was ecstatic. Minhyuk sent me the details of the hotel. Nikki would be with me and we were to check-in specifically with the manager and he would make sure we got to the room unobserved. He would make sure a car was there to take us to the VIP entrance and then we would be escorted to the dressing room. After the show, they would meet with the fans for a few minutes in the studio and then we would go back to the hotel.

I was so excited that I wasn't paying attention when I opened the door to leave for work, I did not check the camera. I almost walked right into Jack. I screamed and dropped my phone on the ground. I reached down to pick it up, but he got it first.

"That does not belong to you. Give it back."

"Let's see who this guy is. One of your K-pop boys, right? You must be eating this up," he started trying to get into my phone, but thankfully it was locked. He could see my lock screen though and it was one of the selcas of me and Minhyuk. "You give me a hard time about younger women, but look at you with a guy half your age."

"He is a full-grown man who actually cares for me. You had Janice's 17 year old daughter over your desk in our home, while we were married. There is no comparison." I finally was able to snatch the phone from his grasp. "What part of 'I never want to see you again' did you not understand? The core concept, I suppose?"

"You were just shocked to see me the other night. You've missed me, haven't you?" I started laughing at the absurdity of his question.

"Oh, that was funny Jack. Thank you for the laugh. Now leave. We are done here." He stepped toward me and I stepped back, but the door was right behind me. It was locked and he was too close for me to be able to get in quickly, so I just stood defiantly, blocking him.

"Well, I have been missing you. Why don't we go grab some coffee and get reacquainted?"

"That would be a hard no. I am no longer your doormat, Jack. You threw me away like last week's leftovers. I am doing very well without you in my life and I intend to keep it that way. You are only interested because someone else wants me now and you probably ran out of women."

"I didn't throw you away. You left on your own."

"I gotthe courage to leave because I was finally able to acknowledge what kind of manyou are. And you had not wanted anything to do with me for years before that, so yes, you threw me away. How many women were there, Jack? Hmm? How any besides Janice... and her daughter? You are damn right I left your ass!"

"Calm down, babydoll," he reached out to grab my arm and I dodged him.

"Don't touch me. You are disgusting to me. You are vile, repugnant slime and you will never be welcome anywhere near me. The sight of you makes me want to vomit." I tried to slip past him, but he grabbed my arm and jerked me back hard. I lost my balance and fell on the concrete, hitting the side of my head.

He squatted down to be eye level with me, "see? You shouldn't have tried to get away," he tapped the knot on my head and stood up. "You should probably get that checked out." He said, "see you soon, babydoll!" and started walking away. I winced at the pain from his touch and grasped my head.

I did not see any blood on my hand when I looked at it, but my head hurt badly. I went back inside the apartment and looked in the mirror. There was a large bump on the side of my head, thankfully hidden by my hair. It was quite a goose-egg, and as much as it pained me to admit it, he was right about getting it checked. I called Jisung and told him I was not coming in because I had fallen and needed to get checked out. Had I told him the full truth, he would have gone after Jackass and that was not going to help matters. I was a little dizzy, so I called Nikki and asked her to come over and drive me to the ER.