Chapter 8 - Pool Party (Mature)

Later that afternoon, Harabeoji had an appointment in Seoul at the hospital and Halmeoni assured me it was just a routine check-up. She patted my cheek and smiled, "this happens when you get old like us. We will be back in a couple of hours. You just get settled in." Jinho helped them into the car and I headed to the pool.

I exercised for a while and then floated on my back to meditate. I imagined all my worries and sadness floating away in the water. I was weightless and finally able to relax. A little while later I heard voices returning to the house. I thought they must be back already. I continued my meditation because I needed more. A couple of moments later I felt movement in the water. I lowered my feet to the bottom and turned only to find myself face-to-face with a grinning Minhyuk and Changkyun. I screamed and lost my footing because I was so shocked to find them there. They both reached out to catch me as I started to go under the water. I came up sputtering and with my hair hanging in my face. I am sure I looked very glamourous just then. They were laughing at my reaction.

They helped me get steady and then held me between them. "It is okay, Noona. It is just us!" I was quivering and as soon as I could catch my breath I asked, "what... how are you both here?" They led me to sit between them on the pool stairs.

"Halmeoni is very sneaky and keeps secrets really well. This is my grandparents' house," Changkyun paused and grinned at me. "That means you will be staying in my room, sleeping in my bed," he added in that incredibly sexy voice as he wiggled his eyebrows at me. Minhyuk slapped him on the head and told him to behave. Changkyun pretended to be hurt and held his head, pouting. Just one of these things would have been overwhelming, Minhyuk being here or Halmeoni being Kkyunnie's grandmother. But both together was just too much to process and my brain froze.

"She doesn't care about that, not with me here. Right, Noona?" Minhyuk winked and pulled me closer to him, just like he had done in the alley. His smile was mischievous when he said, "I told you I would find a way to see you again," in a low voice. I still could not believe he was here. He was really here! I leaned into his embrace and looked up into his sparkling eyes. That 'winky blink' of his was deadly up close. I could get completely lost in those eyes and never want to find my way out. The bright light made the golden flecks in his beautiful eyes stand out and I swear I saw his pupils dilate when he looked at me. But his lips... oh, his lips. They were my weakness. They were right in front of me and I could feel his breath against my face. And now that I had tasted those succulent lips, I wanted more. I realized I was staring at them and absently licked my own. He bit his bottom lip when he saw the action. "Noona, you are trembling. Are you cold?" he stroked my arm and goosebumps appeared.

I shook my head slowly and looked directly into his eyes, "no, I am not cold." His expression changed from concern to desire. Changkyun waved his hand in front of us and cleared his throat. My undisciplined brain decided to have a random thought at that moment, so I came back to earth and straightened a bit, breaking the tension. "Now wait a minute. You are telling me that I just happened to be sitting in an airplane seat next to I.M's grandmother for 14 hours, after winning a contest to meet you all. And then said grandmother invites me to stay with her, knowing how crazy I am about you guys? AND she keeps it all secret the whole time? How is this even possible?" I was still having trouble processing this entire situation. I shook my head and tried to clear my thoughts. Was this fate? There was no other explanation. There were too many coincidences and odd occurrences lately. Then suddenly it was clear. It was meant for me to be here with this man.

I felt myself relax a little at that realization and the smile returned to my face. Deciding to enjoy play time with them, "sooo... should I just fangirl now? Or are we going to pretend this is just a normal day?" I asked only half joking. They both laughed and Minhyuk said "I vote for normal!" He hugged me again and kissed the top of my head.