Chapter 43 - Send Off

They finally finished filming the MV and then rushed it to production. The MV was released a few days before the album, which had been ready for distribution for a while. The song debuted at #3 and climbed to number one within the first week. The views were in the millions in the first 24 hours. The next weeks were full of performance stages, variety show appearances, interviews, and VLives.

The song reached an All Kill and the album reached Platinum status quicker than any of their others. They were at the top of their game. Kihyun did an OST collab with EXO Chen. It was a powerful rock song, and their vocals were on point. This was my dream collab and I was ecstatic. I was even more excited because it was something I had mentioned to him a while back, just in a random conversation. I tried to stay out of their business because they obviously knew what they were doing, but I was thrilled that he had liked my idea and ran with it.

They were leaving to go on tour in less than a week, and I was trying not to get anxious about it. First, I was going to Japan with him, then I was going to meet up with him in Atlanta later. I would attend the show there, then go with him to Dallas, Houston, and then LA for the final show and Melody's movie premier. We would fly home together after that.

Jisung had asked me to meet with a couple of new artists on behalf of the Atlanta gallery while I was there. I would still be going back in the fall for a couple of weeks due to the events we had going on, but I was hoping Minhyuk would be able to travel with me that time since he would be free from the contract then.

I was dreading the two months without Minmin. My sunshine was going away, and we had not been apart like this since I moved here. I no longer felt complete without him. We are two halves of a whole. We are complete when we are together.

In the days before he had to leave, he spent as much time with me as he could. It was difficult for him because he was so busy with preparations, his shows, and all the other things that come with being one of the hottest groups in the country and the world, but I could tell he was trying really hard to make time for me. I was trying to be strong and not let him see how poorly I was dealing with his impending departure.

I was packing my bags alongside him as we prepared to leave for Japan. I was excited about going to this first show to kick off the tour but the dread of being apart still loomed in my thoughts. I tried to focus on the present and enjoy it as much as possible. I could see in his eyes that he felt it too.

The Japan show had a special fanmeet attached to it. The show was sold out. We landed against a sea of Monbebes and press. I tucked myself in beside Minhyuk. Changkyun and Wonho helped shield me. Some of the fans were screaming not very nice things at me. Minhyuk stopped and glared at them and shook his head "no". They calmed down and we kept going. It was rather uncomfortable and made me a bit nervous. Minhyuk stopped in front of me once we got clear and put his hands on my arms. "Don't worry about them, princess. They just want to be you," he gave me an adorable smile which pulled me right out of my black hole. I smiled back at him and he kissed my forehead. We continued on our way.

As soon as we got checked in to our hotel, all 8 of us went in search of food. We ate, did a little sightseeing, and I bought a couple of souvenirs to send to Tori and Bobby. I filled the memory card again on my camera. There was just so much to see, and thankfully the fans we encountered along the way were nice.

They had to go for soundcheck, and I watched from the front row since I would be backstage during the concert tonight. That decision was based not on the airport incident, but on the fact that my seat had been mistakenly sold. To make up for it, I got lots of attention from all the members while I stood in for Monbebe. This was the most fun I had experienced in a while, nudie times with my hubby notwithstanding.